July 27th 2018 OTS Bid Announcement

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
Just curious, did anyone receive a confirmation email or anything after submitting their application? I thought I remember getting one last year, but didn’t get one on Friday when I applied...

Also, does anyone know the process for opting out of re-taking the ATSA and using your old score? Do they send an email request, or do you need to call Aviation Careers?
Don’t do that unless you want to not get hired, retake the damn ATSA. Idk why so many people have asked this

JTAC2001

Newcomer
Jul 29, 2018
You are not eligible. Why are you wasting everyone's time?
Everyone's time? By everyone, who do you mean by this? Yours? Theirs? I'm certainly not wasting MY time if I get picked up. I haven't received anything that says I'm not eligible yet. I'll report back if I do.

tncnews

Rookie
Dec 28, 2017
If you didn't get hired off your old score last time why do you think you will get hired this time? Clearly you didn't score well. Take the test again.
I don’t believe the notion that re-taking the test after not getting hired significantly increases your odds on a future bid. Without scores being released, who’s to say you didn’t score right below the cutoff score for TOLs? You may have been a point off, or twenty, nobody knows.

Additionally, the hiring for previous years in relation to ATSA scores is directly related to how the pool of applicants performed in that particular year. If the mean score was 85 last year and someone scores an 84 and was not hired, this year the average could be an 80 and your previous score would put you within the TOL window.

The idea of re-taking it also rests on the idea that just because you took the test one time a year or two ago, you’ll automatically score better than you did originally. Who’s to say you have an off day and actually perform worse than before? Then you’ve traded out a better score for a lower one.

I’m no statistician, but I doubt the odds of being hired are significantly increased just by retaking the test when they don’t release your scores. There’s zero information to prove that.

boots

Jan 6, 2017
I don’t believe the notion that re-taking the test after not getting hired significantly increases your odds on a future bid. Without scores being released, who’s to say you didn’t score right below the cutoff score for TOLs? You may have been a point off, or twenty, nobody knows.

Additionally, the hiring for previous years in relation to ATSA scores is directly related to how the pool of applicants performed in that particular year. If the mean score was 85 last year and someone scores an 84 and was not hired, this year the average could be an 80 and your previous score would put you within the TOL window.

The idea of re-taking it also rests on the idea that just because you took the test one time a year or two ago, you’ll automatically score better than you did originally. Who’s to say you have an off day and actually perform worse than before? Then you’ve traded out a better score for a lower one.

I’m no statistician, but I doubt the odds of being hired are significantly increased just by retaking the test when they don’t release your scores. There’s zero information to prove that.
Sure there is. In 2016 all 80 and above scores were selected. Last year I believe a few CTI did not get selected who scored over 80. If you did not get picked up on a previous bid and you passed the ATSA you need to retake it.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Everyone's time? By everyone, who do you mean by this? Yours? Theirs? I'm certainly not wasting MY time if I get picked up. I haven't received anything that says I'm not eligible yet. I'll report back if I do.
You should probably read the bid requirements again then.Screenshot_20180729-125356_Chrome.jpg

NayNay

Newcomer
Feb 27, 2018
I talked to aviation careers, you don’t have to do anything. Just don’t schedule a test wkrhPSI. It is good for three years

Mr.Tickles

Rookie
Oct 8, 2017
Y'all who have taken the ASTA before should probably get the atcprep program and study the asta. Then retake the test and more than likely get a better score.

j_one_s

Rookie
Dec 13, 2013
ZLC
You are not eligible. Why are you wasting everyone's time?
Purpleobj,
He's actually helping us. If they close the bid early with enough applications, which they said they may do... He's helping us reach that threshold and if what he said is true, we all know he wont be competition lol

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Purpleobj,
He's actually helping us. If they close the bid early with enough applications, which they said they may do... He's helping us reach that threshold and if what he said is true, we all know he wont be competition lol
Not "may" close early. It is closing early.

j_one_s

Rookie
Dec 13, 2013
ZLC
I just saw! That's awesome news. I wonder what the number they wanted to hit was. I saw someone mention 5500... But that seems pretty low.

j_one_s

Rookie
Dec 13, 2013
ZLC
I'm sure it is, but then again, paying for medicals, clearances, and per diem is expensive. But with a washout rate of 40-50% at the academy, money doesn't really seem to be an issue to the FAA.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I just saw! That's awesome news. I wonder what the number they wanted to hit was. I saw someone mention 5500... But that seems pretty low.
They were aiming for 5500 applicants.
I want to say it was 1200-1500 TOLs as a goal, but I think I also saw 800 mentioned a while ago too.

JTAC2001

Newcomer
Jul 29, 2018
Purpleobj,
Feel free to introduce yourself to me when you get to OKC.