July 27th 2018 OTS Bid Announcement

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
Feel free to introduce yourself to me when you get to OKC.
I’m sure purpleobj is already in the FAA and would not need to go to OKC..

but damn, if you get through and hired on then this would probably open up a new avenue for folks in federal positions to get in the FAA past the age limit. Good luck man.

JAR1

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2018
Anybody know when to expect an answer from the FAA on application status? I know the opening was closed last night at 12:01 am just want to know when to expect some sort of notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmydee

Jan 8, 2014
Anybody know when to expect an answer from the FAA on application status? I know the opening was closed last night at 12:01 am just want to know when to expect some sort of notice

Likely a month or 2... or 3. maybe somtime late november. perhaps a day in 2022.

Realistically though, I'd expect something in the next month or 2.

as for JTAC2001, what has happened in every previous bid since 2013, those who made it through the initial hiring but do not qualify may even make it as far as the AT-SA (back then the AT-SAT) however, once scores are... ahem... "calculated".... A packet is sent to a board or the ATO for selection. If you have not met the initial qualifications you are not eligible for hire. Even if you take the AT-SA, if you are over aged without some exemption you will not receive a TOL barring some catastrophic computer meltdown that magically changes your age. Wish ya the best of luck but you may have a better shot at the powerball.

JAR1

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2018
Likely a month or 2... or 3. maybe somtime late november. perhaps a day in 2022.

Realistically though, I'd expect something in the next month or 2.

as for JTAC2001, what has happened in every previous bid since 2013, those who made it through the initial hiring but do not qualify may even make it as far as the AT-SA (back then the AT-SAT) however, once scores are... ahem... "calculated".... A packet is sent to a board or the ATO for selection. If you have not met the initial qualifications you are not eligible for hire. Even if you take the AT-S, if you are over aged without some exemption you will not receive a TOL barring some catastrophic computer meltdown that magically changes your age. Wish ya the best of luck but you may have a better shot at the powerball.
Wow that was harshly realistic...anyway I’m only 20 years old and this is my first time applying. Trying to get into this career one way or another and will try any way to pass all these tests if I were to take them. Thanks for good luck tho!

jimmydee

Jan 8, 2014
Wow that was harshly realistic...anyway I’m only 20 years old and this is my first time applying. Trying to get into this career one way or another and will try any way to pass all these tests if I were to take them. Thanks for good luck tho!

The harshly realistic part was specifically for JTAC2001, the guy who is overage but applied anyway. You should be fine as long as you meet the qualifications. Just do well on the AT-SA.

atc_miami6

Newcomer
Jan 16, 2017
Do you know if they closed the bid? I am trying to apply right now but it is no longer available.

It said it would be open until July 31st and it is only July 30th. Please advise.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Yes. They reached the number of applicants they wanted and it closed. It was posted here, Twitter, Facebook...

ATCzau2018

Newcomer
Jul 30, 2018
Anyone know if there will be another OTS bid before next year?

This bid was barley 72 hours they usually have it open for 7 days. I guess the FAA will have to see how many actually pass the AT-SA and can get medical clearances.

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
Anyone know if there will be another OTS bid before next year?

This bid was barley 72 hours they usually have it open for 7 days. I guess the FAA will have to see how many actually pass the AT-SA and can get medical clearances.
I doubt that.