Just got the email to update my medical!

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
As long as it's not info from S.F. we know it's okay. Wait, SF never responded to questions so of course there's no info from her!

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
exactly. they are just two letters. but think of EM, CS, MG and whoever else i'm missing as the inevitable gods of the FAA. Beholders of the power to grant you employment. Many do not know their full names and those that know them are reluctant to give them up. Mysterious.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
Done and Done. No need for more speculation.
Actually there's room for a small amount of speculation. The rumor that you don't have to retake if you did a tier 2 has yet to be "confirmed". Does someone more motivated than myself want to email their friendly neighborhood HR rep?

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
HAHA! Man it's funny that she doesn't even come to mind anymore. Thanks for bringing her up.
Let's just keep not remembering. The few times I did get ahold of her she was nice enough, but it was hard to do. Kind of like hunting snipes.

Still did a lot better than her former assistant DB, if anybody had to deal with him. He lost things like nobody's business.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
Seems fitting for someone with those initials! And yes, he lost everything at least once.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
I hope you and muneco are right, that mmpi caused me more stress than 8 yrs of controlling/WS'ing. I have heard this before, however I'm wondering if there is any regulation that supports this in writing???
Did you go to the Chicago PEPC? If you went to Chicago then you must talk with them. They were the ones who explained to me that I did not have to take it again anymore. My HR rep thinks I have to but little does she know I don't. Their response will always be that it expires in a year, but that goes for tier 1 test takers.

Call Chicago Aerospace Medicine and ask for AB, KB,or MR. If you need their full names I can PM you.

JP13

Oct 4, 2008
momoville
Did you go to the Chicago PEPC? If you went to Chicago then you must talk with them. They were the ones who explained to me that I did not have to take it again anymore. My HR rep thinks I have to but little does she know I don't. Their response will always be that it expires in a year, but that goes for tier 1 test takers.

Call Chicago Aerospace Medicine and ask for AB, KB,or MR. If you need their full names I can PM you.
Yeah, I went to the Chicago PEPC. Im familiar with AB and KB, so I will call them later this week.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
No no, just ask by initials like that. You'll impress them because they'll know you're in on the secret SM lingo-ese.

eqfan592

Rookie
Mar 28, 2010
Sorry for vanishing on you folks. Has been a busy few days to say the least! Anyway, I think somebody asked how long I've been in the process of things. I came in under PUBNAT 4, so it's been a WHILE. And yes, I was told I have to retake the MMPI. I actually just retook the drug test today, so that's out of the way. I have the medical schedules, and I'm still waiting to hear back from the MMPI folks. Going to email again tomorrow if I hear nothing.

bp174005

Newcomer
Jan 30, 2009
My fiance (Pubnat 3, selected for CAK) got one of these emails a few weeks back. Ok 2. But the suspense is killing us! He had to do the drug test, medical and MMPI. For the record, now that everything is in, the wait is unbearable. I think we check the email and phone 20 times a day hoping to hear from HR. Starting to get a little freaked out because between here and JC, there are a few people who have gotten these emails. Hopefully this is good news, not more leg pulling.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Sorry for vanishing on you folks. Has been a busy few days to say the least! Anyway, I think somebody asked how long I've been in the process of things. I came in under PUBNAT 4, so it's been a WHILE. And yes, I was told I have to retake the MMPI. I actually just retook the drug test today, so that's out of the way. I have the medical schedules, and I'm still waiting to hear back from the MMPI folks. Going to email again tomorrow if I hear nothing.
You are a Tier 1 correct?

My fiance (Pubnat 3, selected for CAK) got one of these emails a few weeks back. Ok 2. But the suspense is killing us! He had to do the drug test, medical and MMPI. For the record, now that everything is in, the wait is unbearable. I think we check the email and phone 20 times a day hoping to hear from HR. Starting to get a little freaked out because between here and JC, there are a few people who have gotten these emails. Hopefully this is good news, not more leg pulling.
Expect a class date soon. If they asked him to retake everything it means they are ready to give him a class date (FOL). Wow pubnat 3 huh? Feels like an eternity.

eqfan592

Rookie
Mar 28, 2010
Not sure what you're asking. I know the psych exam has different tiers, Tier 1 being the MMPI and 2 being an actual in person eval if you fail the MMPI (at least I think this is how it works!)

In that case, then use I would be a Tier 1. Just took the MMPI today, so that's 2 out of 3 things taken care of now!

bp174005

Newcomer
Jan 30, 2009

Expect a class date soon. If they asked him to retake everything it means they are ready to give him a class date (FOL). Wow pubnat 3 huh? Feels like an eternity.
Yeah, that's the vibe we are getting from AQ. He talked to Chicago today. Thy told him they are finalizing his mmpi and then everything is good to go. Fingers are crossed! If there was some sort of ATC rain dance that would speed this along, I'm pretty sure I'd be out in the yard doing it!