Just left the academy, enroute. I'll share my experience.

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
First day refers to the first of 2 days worth of final evaluations. The first day consists of 2 problems, and the second day is the 3rd and final problem. If you do well enough to get a 70% or above in the program, then you just passed. You technically don't even have to take the 3rd problem, most people don't even try that hard on it at that point...

I.e.- After all the tests and non radar evals, you carry a 32% into radar evals. If you score at least a 90% on the first 2 evals, worth 22% of your total grade each, that's 19.8ea/39.6 total, that gives you a 71.6%....good enough to pass.

Reactions: travelingcutie

stealth8

Newcomer
May 19, 2009
Where you headed Stealth? When is your class date?
I've been holding a TOL for ZOB since late February, no class date yet. I was told to update my eQIP information last week. I've been cleared on everything else, just waiting to get my security clearance. Hoping I hear something very soon about a class date!

robin0c5

Rookie
Apr 25, 2009
Next to this palm tree
I've been holding a TOL for ZOB since late February, no class date yet. I was told to update my eQIP information last week. I've been cleared on everything else, just waiting to get my security clearance. Hoping I hear something very soon about a class date!
I'm going to the same place. HR says we'll go 3rd quarter which means our class date will start between April and June.

Gz1

Oct 22, 2013
Thx for the great info. The FAA academy sounds just like the AF ATC tech school.

The Fold

Transmitting in the Blind
Apr 15, 2009
Florida
Caffeine causes nervousness. DO NOT drink caffeine before an evaluation. Do as you please, but just my advice.
My advice is to create a routine, and do the same thing everytime. Before each problem, I would sit down and listen to music, and get in the zone. I did the same before evals, etc, and it seemed to work out great. Many times I would drink a soda, but I wouldn't change your process just for the evals. Do it all the same, and create a routine for yourself. Even for today, I walk into my facility, do the same thing everytime, grab my headset, and sort out the metal.

I know this is an old post, but still great advice.

Lastly, I would recommend that you that you never think you have enough points. People who did really well in the first part, some got cocky, and one person needed a "8%" on the final eval to pass, she got a 10%. So, every point does count. Hopefully you do well enough that you won't have to take a 3rd eval.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
"Caffeine causes nervousness. DO NOT drink caffeine before an evaluation. Do as you please, but just my advice."

Lack of caffeine gives me the jitters and a headache. One can never have enough cawfee.

jetsetsex

Newcomer
Mar 25, 2014
"Caffeine causes nervousness. DO NOT drink caffeine before an evaluation. Do as you please, but just my advice."

Lack of caffeine gives me the jitters and a headache. One can never have enough cawfee.

Yeah I take this to mean "do not drink a couple coffees or Red Bulls if its not your normal routine." For those of us that drink 4+ coffees a day, we know our own tolerances/dependencies haha

scubaash101

Rookie
Feb 18, 2014
Thanks for sharing, a great insight. Does anyone have any information on Terminal training/ a breakdown like this? I start in 3 weeks and just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Mark123456

Rookie
May 13, 2012
Hi!!! I was at the Academy last year September but unfortunately I was terminated in December due my dizzy spell symptom that happened in class. I went into radar with 26 points; and as soon as I started radar lecture I got terminated from training. I knew I would make it if I was still there, plus it was thirteen of us in that class; one guy resign due to a death in his family which make it twelve of us who was left. I didn't get to finish because they thought I have Absence seizure so they decide to terminate me and told me I could reapply again. From the 11 guys that was there; only 10 made it. In conclusion, it was a challenging program and it take a lot of studying and practicing to make it; especially if your doing Enroute.

Echo Mike

Epic Member
Apr 2, 2015
Tennessee
Hi!!! I was at the Academy last year September but unfortunately I was terminated in December due my dizzy spell symptom that happened in class. I went into radar with 26 points; and as soon as I started radar lecture I got terminated from training. I knew I would make it if I was still there, plus it was thirteen of us in that class; one guy resign due to a death in his family which make it twelve of us who was left. I didn't get to finish because they thought I have Absence seizure so they decide to terminate me and told me I could reapply again. From the 11 guys that was there; only 10 made it. In conclusion, it was a challenging program and it take a lot of studying and practicing to make it; especially if your doing Enroute.
Holy shit proofread some

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
Had you had seizures in the past?