KBR flying me to texas tomorrow

Eman1193

Jan 9, 2011
Im doing the figures and its coming out to be more than your saying, even with no uplift on overtime i still comes out to over 120grand a year at 72 hours a week. Is the 24.23 an hour merely for overtime purposes ? Because at 4,200 a week with uplift i am getting $88,200.00 on just 40hours a week with uplift, so with overtime i i am getting $125,417.28. Obviously i am not doing something right as you guys are over there and are getting the pay stubs, was I offered more than you or am I just an idiot when it comes to math :p
This info is directly off my Contingent Job Offer Letter
Salary detail is as follows:
Base Monthly Salary: $ 4,200
Area Differential Uplift 35%
Foreign Service Uplift: 5%
Hazardous Conditions Bonus: 35%
You will be paid straight time overtime for every hour worked in excess of forty hours per week.
The rest and relaxation (R&R) periods will be every four (4) months for a total of three (3) R&R periods per year. All R&R periods will be paid a total of 80 hours at straight time rates with no uplifts over a minimum of ten (10) days off. R&R can not be accrued; therefore, they will either be taken or forfeited. Employees will not be eligible for vacation or Top-Flex accrual while on an international assignment with the Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP).
You will not be placed on the payroll until you have met all of the conditions of employment and completed processing in Houston. Payroll will go into effect when you depart for the designated international assignment.
Please sign below and return the letter, with your original signature, to my attention at the above address.

skinsfan523

Rookie
Mar 28, 2010
Skin,
Thanks, Midwest offered me Bagram but I had to put them off until after February due to other commitments, the same commitments would prevent me from accept a KBR slot until then too.
That is why I just demob'd. Going to kabul with midwest.

vvatc

Dec 14, 2009
Palmdale, CA
Sounds like an "uplift" is a percentage of pay, paid on top of you base pay, for only the first 40 hours/week. I that correct?

dfiantii

Jun 8, 2009
Eman1193,

That calculation is correct but you also have to take into account the R&R's so if you took now vacation you would get the 125.

Budster

Newcomer
Dec 17, 2010
Im doing the figures and its coming out to be more than your saying, even with no uplift on overtime i still comes out to over 120grand a year at 72 hours a week. Is the 24.23 an hour merely for overtime purposes ? Because at 4,200 a week with uplift i am getting $88,200.00 on just 40hours a week with uplift, so with overtime i i am getting $125,417.28. Obviously i am not doing something right as you guys are over there and are getting the pay stubs, was I offered more than you or am I just an idiot when it comes to math :p
This info is directly off my Contingent Job Offer Letter
Salary detail is as follows:
Base Monthly Salary: $ 4,200
Area Differential Uplift 35%
Foreign Service Uplift: 5%
Hazardous Conditions Bonus: 35%
You will be paid straight time overtime for every hour worked in excess of forty hours per week.
The rest and relaxation (R&R) periods will be every four (4) months for a total of three (3) R&R periods per year. All R&R periods will be paid a total of 80 hours at straight time rates with no uplifts over a minimum of ten (10) days off. R&R can not be accrued; therefore, they will either be taken or forfeited. Employees will not be eligible for vacation or Top-Flex accrual while on an international assignment with the Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP).
You will not be placed on the payroll until you have met all of the conditions of employment and completed processing in Houston. Payroll will go into effect when you depart for the designated international assignment.
Please sign below and return the letter, with your original signature, to my attention at the above address.
One little question. Was the "Base Monthly Salary" correct? For a 72 hour workweek (288 hrs per month) that calculates to a base hourly wage of $14.58. I must be missing something.

Budster

Newcomer
Dec 17, 2010
Well, I think I see the error of my ways. Apparently the 4200 is divided by 160 hours of straight time to give the base hourly rate of $26.25, and go from there.