KSRQ Sarasota Fl

jorgeluis161

Nov 13, 2009
Hello everyone! I was just redirected to KSRQ but I was unable to find much about this facility. If anyone has any info please let me know! Thanks!

C

charliezuluatc

Hi!

Just curious about the facility how is it working there etc.... If you dont mind of course. I've tried to look up info about SRQ but havent find much at all.
I think I gave you the phone number to the facility. If I were you, I would go done to Sarasota and look around town, maybe even find a place you would like to live at. IMHO don't visit the facility, if someone has a bad day and it rubs off on you then you go to the academy with that feeling and etc. save the visit for your first day.

jorgeluis161

Nov 13, 2009
I dont think I got it and thanks for the heads up. I'm just curious because you read so much about other facilites and this one you find 0 info lol. So that is why im a bit curious. I have an idea on where i want to move to already because i have family in Tampa and they know the area of Sarasota pretty well.

I think I gave you the phone number to the facility. If I were you, I would go done to Sarasota and look around town, maybe even find a place you would like to live at. IMHO don't visit the facility, if someone has a bad day and it rubs off on you then you go to the academy with that feeling and etc. save the visit for your first day.

C

charliezuluatc

Sarasota tower is located at 1120 Clyde jones road, the tower phone number is 941 355 3105. The manager is Richard Derry.

triggz00

Mar 23, 2014
Southwest, FL
I live in Parrish which is 30 min outside of Sarasota and i lived in sarasota for a few months, been living here total of a year and 3 months. Your going to love it in Sarasota, #3 beach in world is 15 min away from Sarasota ( Siesta Key ). Living down here is great, but don't know about the job. Winters are very busy down here FYI.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I'm a controller at SRQ, got redirected while at the Academy last year. SRQ is legit, hope you're tearing it up at the Academy, we'll see you soon, message me if you have any questions about the facility.
A redirect while at the academy? That's pretty crazy!
Where were you supposed to be going?

sean_graber08

Newcomer
Apr 13, 2010
I just left SRQ in March with another controller, It's a great facility to work at and learn. Traffic is slow during the summer months and picks up significantly from thanksgiving to easter. Crossing runways, mixing T/G GA traffic with air carriers, corporate jets, and military traffic makes it a fun and challenging tower. The manager is a good guy, staff is all great to work with and everybody gets along.