KSYR

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Found out I am KSYR bound, would love to find out who works their, and what to expect. Any trollers' or people with info on this facility I would love for you to chime in, cheers!:motor2::motor2::motor2::motor2::motor2::motor2::motor2::motor2::motor2::motor2:

NYSIOUXATC

Mar 6, 2009
Brookhaven
Big college town with plenty of things to do you'll have a great time being in Syracuse on your day off I'm still waiting for my email for NY.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Hey thanks man, I figured they kept their level 8 due to griffiss. I appreciate your info and would love to hear more, guess I won't be the only new hire

Kleetus

Jan 18, 2009
Someplace
I used to live in KSYR and flew in there a lot as a pilot. I also know a couple controllers from there. From what I've heard traffic is lower than an 8 and they are swamped with developmentals. Since they picked up Griffiss though I don't know if any of that has changed.

Make sure you go to the Syracuse University Orange Basketball games. Syracuse is a small town but the SU B-Ball games are a lot of fun and a huge deal!

If you need any help with recommendations for good places to live let me know. I lived in B'Ville up until last July and would love to help you out.

Good Luck!

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Damn, sounds like I won't be getting a class date as soon as I thought. Thank though man we will be in touch.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Drive over to Rochester sometime, get hammered, and have a garbage plate. It'll change your life. Or at least your bowels.

Kleetus

Jan 18, 2009
Someplace
Where you looking? There was never really any sort of housing bubble in the SYR area so you should be able to get somewhere for cheap. I know some places in B'ville and Liverpool that are decent and close (15-20 mins) from the airport.