Lateral Transfer

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
If it is that simple, then why are so many BUEs receiving release dates that aren't ordered by date of TOL received, and why is the FAA winning at PAR on this issue?

Like you, I think that the most fair way to handle it is to grant release dates by the order in which a TOL is received, and beyond that, forcing an ATM to surrender his employee within 180 days if he can't show that it will put the facility below its FAA-mandated staffing range. But there's nothing in the contract that makes the FAA do any of that.

rodanthe2

Rookie
Apr 15, 2014
its that way because the faa screws the employee based on personal preference. like the guy said....the faa manager wanted to release another guy before him because he was going to a higher level facility. That is preferential treatment. Should be illegal. Im looking forward to the new MOU because hopefully it addresses this. You have been in the agency long enough to know that a manager as well as a Natca rep can screw over an employee on this issue. It burns me up more when its the facrep.

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008
A80 has worse staffing than both, but can't every seem to make it on the list for priority releases or CIP...

ajgixxer11

Newcomer
Apr 25, 2014
Article 102, Section 3: "The Agency agrees to apply its rules, regulations, directives and orders in a fair and equitable manner."

You could argue that the agency, by granting earlier release dates to people who received an offer after you did, is not treating you in a fair and equitable manner.

My facility took 4 grievances concerning out-of-order release dates to PAR, but ultimately lost because those who had been skipped had been given firm offers that they had accepted. Therefore, it was ruled that because they had accepted the dates on their offer, what the FAA did in the meantime was immaterial.

So I would say that you may have a valid grievance, but whether or not it would go anywhere is another story.
So I wonder if that's why I got my FOL 19 months before my release date, so they could say I chose to accept that date, when and if I file a grievance...I thought it was because my future facility was trying to pull me out within 90 days??

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008
CIP is a function of how much housing costs, not how much traffic a facility works.
That would be locality pay. CIP has become a bastardized COLA for certain areas of the country and not others aka traditional Union strong areas. You can't tell me that places like Lansing, Minneapolis, Detroit, Tuscon, et cetera are more expensive than Atlanta.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
That would be locality pay. CIP has become a bastardized COLA for certain areas of the country and not others aka traditional Union strong areas. You can't tell me that places like Lansing, Minneapolis, Detroit, Tuscon, et cetera are more expensive than Atlanta.
Since it's a union getting them that money, it stands to reason that it goes to places where the vast majority pay dues. There might be some exceptions to the rule, but as you said, it's essentially a COLA by another name.