Let's hear it for the pilots!

irishcarbomb

Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
How about checkin' in with what you fly, when you fly it, if you're just a wanna be, or a flight simmer, is it a job/just for fun...

I'll start...

Flight instructor at DWH in houston for about 2 months, expat from the holy land of training daytona beach where I taught for about 8 months. I've got about 650hrs (200 dual given) mostly 172sp/182t and duchess. a bunch of g1000 time. I did my commercial in a 172RG so i'm not an arrow guy but have recently flown one (ill stick with my RG hehe). Stuck in some 152s now at Hooks but every now and then i get the treat of being back in a SP, sometimes even G1000. Prices are a lot different here in texas and things run a little different too.

I also get to fly a Pilatus every now and then to feed my thirst for the Flight Levels since missing out on Comair by 5 days.

My wife did the airline thing at Comair for a year (also a pilot) and completely turned me off of them. I now have no aspiration to fly for an airline (maybe a major...MAYBE) but will continue to fly as an instructor and one day fly a nice little corp. gig after retiring from a nice ATC career (hopefully)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
Live about 1/2 mile north of DWH, like to fly piper cubs. How about giving me some free lessons?

mjohn47

Jun 23, 2008
Holbrook, NY
I have about 220hrs in a 150 and 20hrs in a 177RG (including two alternator failures in that a/c and a manual gear pump cause the battery didn't have enough juice to get them locked!). Instrument private rated and ran out of money before my comm checkride. Hopefully once I get things squared away I can finish that up. I fly cause it's what I love - and wanna keep it that way.

strykr

Aug 18, 2008
Warrenton, VA
Looks, like I'm the baby pilot here with 86TT but its just got way to expensive and after the third rate increase at the school I was flying at, I just had to quit. PA28 for $110, then they said I couldn't use that for my instrument training so they took it off the list and made me fly a 172 at $135 and then it moved up to $150 and CFI was $30 then it moved to $45. When I ran out of money, I said $195/hour was WAY TOO MUCH; and after talking with a bunch of my friends who were flying regionals, I decied to try a new career path. Hopefully we'll hit the big bucks in ATC and then I can afford a plane and finish my rating that way!

tiredoftheairlines

Apr 8, 2009
Austin
2000+hrs, 1300hrs on the SAAB 340 flying for Colgan Air out of PIT and now IAH. I got my private at DWH. Currently still a First Officer and have been for 2.5 years. I got sick of being paid peanuts for being called a professional, got sick of all of crew scheduling's mighty wisdom, so I looked online and happened to see pubnat 7! Cant wait! Ill never give up flying though. Its just too much fun!

A

Ammolite

My other half and I might go up in an SR22 in a few weeks.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Just picked up my student, working towards a private. Been doing most of it in a Tomahawk, but the school just picked up a Diamond Eclipse and rent it out at a great price, so I'm switching over. I'd keep going for instrument, but by the time I wrap up the private I should know where the FAA's going to send me, and I don't have any desire to hang around here any longer than I have to.

Uh, plus, I'm out of money, so... yeah.

Last edited:

raptor145

May 16, 2009
I have about 220TT, 35 multi. Started in a 172 for private and instrument, then SR-20 for comm-single and Pa-44 for comm-multi. Bout halfway done with CFI right now and will do CFII after that. My school just got put into the CTI schools on my last semmester and I found out I only needed to take one more class to be considered a CTI-Grad, so I jumped on that since being a pro pilot isn't looking so hot right now...Kind of feel like a threw away a lot of money, but I still love flying and hopefully will be able to instruct a little or at least give some BFRs if the ATC thing works out...or just rent occassionally.

ATCtower

Oct 26, 2008
Enough to have run out of money more than once...

C152,172,182,206,210
Beech Baron
Piper Seminole

FMS 777-200, 767-300, 757-200

jaxpilot

Jun 12, 2009
Miami, FL
Airline Transport Pilot- ASEL/AMEL. CFI, II, MEI. LR-JET and CE-500 type ratings. 3000 hours. Currently corporate pilot on Citation Ultra out of TLH. Also have experience in Learjet 31 and 35. I will never give up flying on some scale, but am gonna try this ATC thing out. Hopefully, I can still manage to fly on the side if it all works out with ATC.