Lexington Tower/TRACON - LEX

Towns2dd

Trusted Contributor
Jan 20, 2010
Does anybody have information about this facility? I want to know about the facility and the staffing numbers. Also, I want to know about the town of Lexington. Thanks.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: KLEX - FAA Lexington

Don't have a whole lot of info to give you, but I'm pretty sure it has a good mix of GA and air taxi/air carrier. Not real busy but from I have been told it is a good place to learn the ropes. I believe it has a single runway now after the comair incident a few years ago. Don't really know about the staffing. I'm sure there are others on here with some more info.....I actually lived in Lexington for awhile and it is a pretty good place to live unless you aren't a UK fan, b/c those people are nuts over uk basketball to the point it gets on your nerves....might see ya there one day, it is one of the places I might try to get reinstated to.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
Re: KLEX - FAA Lexington

Lexington isn't a bad town at all. And as stated already it'll be a good place to start learning at. I'm not sure about staffing levels though.

MvG

Dec 10, 2010
Yo Front Door
Headed to Lex myself... Been to Louisville to party for the Derby and such... Kinda looking forward to something other that Hotlanta... Every controller I've talked to has said the same thing about it being a good place to get your feet wet... Plus I'll get to contribute a facility guide to SM seeing how Lex doesn't have one

john

Rookie
Feb 1, 2011
@MVG

Did you get to KLEX yet? I have a tour set up there in a few weeks just curious any info you can pass down ahead of time. Thanks