Location Questions

thtsarumr

Newcomer
Aug 21, 2009
Oceanside Ca.
I have been watching the job opening with serco for a while and I noticed that a few places have openings quite frequently and am curious as to why that is:

Jackson Wy
Eagle Co
Glacier Park Mt

If there is anyone on here who has worked at any of these facilities help me out.

Are they cycling through controllers because they are getting picked up with the FAA? Are they crappy facilites? Does the location make them leave? What?

Also who employs Grand Juction and Carson City? FAA, Serco, who?

Thanks in advance,

Blu

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
Jackson Hole is hard to staff because the cost of living there is ridiculous, and u probably know what the Serco pay is. You almost have to live in Idaho and commute to make Jackson Hole possible.

zimm1979

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2009
S. Korea
I have been watching the job opening with serco for a while and I noticed that a few places have openings quite frequently and am curious as to why that is:

Jackson Wy
Eagle Co
Glacier Park Mt

If there is anyone on here who has worked at any of these facilities help me out.

Are they cycling through controllers because they are getting picked up with the FAA? Are they crappy facilites? Does the location make them leave? What?

Also who employs Grand Juction and Carson City? FAA, Serco, who?

Thanks in advance,

Blu
Eagle Co is the same as Jackson Wy... the cost of living is really steep vs the pay.

zimm1979

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2009
S. Korea
I am wanting to get a GCA through some (any) contract company. Does anyone know what locations still run a PAR? To be more specific; what locations in GA?

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
i want to say none. if a contract company is running PARs i surely haven't heard anybody mention it.

maybe a DOD slot may get u that, but i doubt the contract tower program will.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
only if you can find one around here... most dont even advertise themselves what facilities they have openings at, let alone which ones they run.

Serco handles the West, Midwest ATC handles the Northeast and RVA handles the Southeast. That should give u a general idea.

MrATC2u

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2010
If you draw a line from the east side of Co and go east to east to the coast and then north to south on that east Co state line. West is Serco, north of the e/w line is midwest, south is RVA. Thats approx but pretty close.

dan

Rookie
Dec 4, 2009
Somewhere out there
They are sectioned off by regions. The West coast is primarily Serco, The Northeast ( Everything North and East of the CO/NM line is Midwest. Everything South and east of the same said line are primarily RVA. CI2 has a few towers in GA, AL, and FL, but they fall under (or at list did) RVA's blanket.