Location Selection

joshuaclinton

Rookie
Mar 1, 2014
What's the highest level for tower one could get right out of the Academy? [sorry if this has been answered in previous posts]

ClearanceClarence

Trusted Contributor
May 24, 2014
Someone posted that one of the tower classes were offered rdu, msy and mci, so lvl9 up down is highest I've seen reported on SM so far...

thexbrothers

Rookie
Mar 5, 2014
Highest they go used to be a level 9 for terminal, changed it about a week ago to level 8 being the highest you can go. Enroute has no limit.

I would seriously not try to guess what will be on your list because they use their own methodology. They consider staffing needs now, in the near future, future retirees, etc.. Also if someone in a class ahead of you fails some of their facilities will be passed down to you. There has been anywhere from a 6% fail rate to at least a 34% fail rate that I know of, maybe higher, so you have no way of knowing for sure what will be on yours. This is all terminal numbers, enroute still has a very high fail rate.

zploch

Newcomer
Oct 13, 2014
May be a little late to the party...but do you think KEWR would always be looking for new controllers fresh out of the academy? I figured since there is a VERY high washout rate there, they must.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
May be a little late to the party...but do you think KEWR would always be looking for new controllers fresh out of the academy? I figured since there is a VERY high washout rate there, they must.
They're never looking for someone straight from OKC.

zploch

Newcomer
Oct 13, 2014
Gotcha. If I get to go to OKC, I want to be located somewhere in ZNY and then transfer. Eventually...KEWR.

estup24

Dec 4, 2013
USA
ERR and Bids staff that kind of facility

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
Western- ZAN, ZSE, ZOA, ZLA, ZLC, ZDV, ZUA
Central- ZAB, ZKC, ZFW, ZHU, ZMP, ZAE, ZID, ZOB
Eastern- ZME, ZMA, ZJX, ZDC, ZNY, ZBW, ZSU, ZTL

Last edited:

GetBack

Newcomer
Nov 12, 2010
Anyone who has recently finished an enroute class in OKC, what facilities have been listed as options? Thanks

Michael

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2011
Florida
My friend, just this past week, had Denver, Salt Lake, Anchorage. I think that last few en route classes have mostly been Western.

Aferggy

Trusted Contributor
Feb 8, 2014
TimbucTOOOOOO
Anyone who has recently finished an enroute class in OKC, what facilities have been listed as options? Thanks
Just finished... New York, Atlanta, Salt Lake, Chiacgo and Minneapolis... Puerto Rico, Alaska and Guam are still options if you want to go