Los Angeles Center - ZLA

ware230

Trusted Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
IL Enroute CA
I'm at ZLA and coordinate with the training department regularly. We are allotted 60 trainees this fiscal year (so by next October). In addition we are a mandatory facility placement at the academy meaning when a group chooses, if by the final 5 for example the mandatory 5 facilities have not been chosen then those 5 must take the mandates (ZLA has a minimum of 2 mandatory slots on all scheduled classes to date). Most don't want to come to ZLA even though the washout rate is amongst the lowest in the country and the training program is solid, people get caught up on the desert aspect but you're really not too far from a ton of stuff.

italk2planes

Nov 20, 2012
I recently finished at the academy and while there were a few ZLA slots on our list, they were not mandatory.

Nov 14, 2016
I'm at ZLA and coordinate with the training department regularly. We are allotted 60 trainees this fiscal year (so by next October). In addition we are a mandatory facility placement at the academy meaning when a group chooses, if by the final 5 for example the mandatory 5 facilities have not been chosen then those 5 must take the mandates (ZLA has a minimum of 2 mandatory slots on all scheduled classes to date). Most don't want to come to ZLA even though the washout rate is amongst the lowest in the country and the training program is solid, people get caught up on the desert aspect but you're really not too far from a ton of stuff.
Question...I'm at BFL and wondered how to get a hold off the cartography department there to get new updated maps for our facility. Do you know a contact number for them?

RogerThat

Mar 30, 2012
Question for the guys who work at ZLA - Are you happy to go to work everyday? Are you happy with the work environment/people/management? Thanks

Adam