Lvl 6 Tower: AG to CPC.

Dlab10

Newcomer
Jun 8, 2011
Ive heard this takes less than a year at a level 6 tower?

is this true? anyone with insight?

EmTee

Sep 30, 2011
...I'm going to a lvl 6...would like to be done in 2 months if there's no one ahead of me in training (which is unlikely). Oddly enough, I'll take a pay cut when I make cpc because I lose the 2k a month I get from the GI Bill.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
When you get there tell them you heard on stuck mic atc6= easy and a guaranteed checkout. Make sure you demand Sunday's off so you can go to church. Let them know how long you expect the training program to take. Smooth sailing after that, straight to the nearest level 12 in a year or so.....let them know you'll checkout in record time.

hockey9

Rookie
Sep 26, 2008
NorthEast
When you get there tell them you heard on stuck mic atc6= easy and a guaranteed checkout. Make sure you demand Sunday's off so you can go to church. Let them know how long you expect the training program to take. Smooth sailing after that, straight to the nearest level 12 in a year or so.....let them know you'll checkout in record time.
ha, good stuff

Jettj45

Sep 30, 2009
Something you should make totally clear to your trainers. Make sure they understand how talented you are.
You forgot to always let the trainer know when they are wrong. Nothing a trainer respects more than a developmental who knows enough to teach the trainer!

deansouthpaw

Mar 31, 2011
Chicago, IL
Tell them you got a 104 on your ATSAT, and you should just skip the training process all together. Then they should make way for you as the facility manager, because you're elite, and THAT'S WHERE YOU BELONG.

flaflaflofly

Feb 19, 2009
What about telling them my high score on Flight Control and Airport Madness? That ought to impress them, right??

j_time41

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2008
Lakeville, MN
...I'm going to a lvl 6...would like to be done in 2 months if there's no one ahead of me in training (which is unlikely). Oddly enough, I'll take a pay cut when I make cpc because I lose the 2k a month I get from the GI Bill.
EmTee?
Sounds more like full of it.

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
When your trainers tell you how they do something that isn't completely "By the Book" start qouting the .65 and put them in their place....they always respect assertive people.

radicrog

Trusted Member
Feb 5, 2009
Vegas
Don't count out the FAA's ability to drag someone's training process out unnecessairly.
Oh of course, that goes without saying. We're talking actual training time exceeding a year. For some the light bulb will never come on no matter how much training or how hard they try. I'm sure they'd be excellent at something else though :)