Manchester - MHT

SlyRoach

Newcomer
May 23, 2010
Anyone out there work at MHT, or been there recently? Got placement notification earlier this week.

Looking for some general information about the facility, manning, work schedules, training schedules, etc.

Also, any recommendations on best areas to live in or avoid.

PM me, or use the thread, either way.

Thanks!

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
Not much help but my dad worked there when I was young. We lived in Merrimack. Winters are cold and from what I've heard, it's pretty slow. I understand they lost their TRACON and now are tower only. It's expensive to live, property taxes are high. No sales tax though. Probably doesn't help, but no one else responded.

Linco

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2010
MHT is a good place to start it is a level 5, but it has Boston locality. The past few years it has been over staffed, and a difficult place to get into. The traffic is pretty slow and straight forward, so training is pretty quick for most people. I am pretty sure they work a night rotating to day shift schedule, and they do have a mid shift. Manchester itself is kind of ghetto, but there are nice surrounding towns you can live in. If you have any other questions let me know.