March 19th 2018 Prior Experience Bid Is Open

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
Has anyone applied while being stationed overseas? I’m in Korea and was wondering how it worked and if it worked out for anyone.

FloridaLimaLima

Newcomer
Oct 21, 2017
In your application they ask you if you are willing to go anywhere in the US. Take what you get or don’t apply! You are wasting the time of HR and all who apply if you don’t.

thirtythree

May 24, 2011
In your application they ask you if you are willing to go anywhere in the US. Take what you get or don’t apply! You are wasting the time of HR and all who apply if you don’t.
Or turn everything down if you don't like any of it and apply again, as many many others have done. It's his life bro.

FloridaLimaLima

Newcomer
Oct 21, 2017
It’s also just a waste of time and I hope that the FAA catches on to this and doesn’t hire anyone who can’t deal with what is handed there way. It’s also life to deal with what is handed your way and not pick and chose to get your way with everything.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
It’s also just a waste of time and I hope that the FAA catches on to this and doesn’t hire anyone who can’t deal with what is handed there way. It’s also life to deal with what is handed your way and not pick and chose to get your way with everything.
You don't think it would be more efficient if the FAA put people where they wanted to live? Like do you not think they could find people out of the millions of people that currently live in the bay area to apply for ZOA for example? Just saying.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Yeah, they really go about it all wrong. It's equally a waste of time to train people that instantly put in transfer paperwork to where they want to be. Would be far less movement if people had more options about areas/regions they want to live.

BradR03

Rookie
Jul 11, 2012
9 posts in and we’re already arguing!! This is gonna be so fun haha

Referred on 7/7 no TOL (more than 120 days from military separation)
Just applied 3/20

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
9 posts in and we’re already arguing!! This is gonna be so fun haha

Referred on 7/7 no TOL (more than 120 days from military separation)
Just applied 3/20
there should be a trash/salt thread on SM.

I separate November and just applied, how far out are you?

thirtythree

May 24, 2011
The FAA knows people do this. They still hire them again. Calm your tits friend.

ajmezz said:
It's equally a waste of time to train people that instantly put in transfer paperwork to where they want to be.
I disagree. It's a FAR greater waste of time to train someone who instantly transfers upon certification than to give someone a TOL that they decline. One might cost the goverment thousands of dollars. The other one can cost them hundreds of thousands.

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
I also hope they don’t hire anybody who can’t use THEIR and THERE correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
You don't think it would be more efficient if the FAA put people where they wanted to live? Like do you not think they could find people out of the millions of people that currently live in the bay area to apply for ZOA for example? Just saying.
No. There'd probably be a select few facilities that the vast majority of people want to go to and lots of facilities that people don't. Think they'll find enough people to staff Beaumont, TX or Bumblefuck, Idaho by hoping enough people want to go there?

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Just be happy that you get a list of places to choose from, 99% of current controllers were told "you can go where we send you or not be hired"

BradR03

Rookie
Jul 11, 2012
you are in the same position as I am
applied for 2017 prior bid - referred no TOL
applied for 2018 prior bid

terminal June and EAS July

Are they done handing out 2017 TOL?

From what ive heard yes, but I’ve also heard until you get the red “not referred” theres hope. At this point I SERIOUSLY doubt it

Last edited: