March 19th 2018 Prior Experience Bid Is Open

WhiskeyTango22

Newcomer
Nov 27, 2018
Boise ID
Did those of y'all who got cleared both security and medical receive an E-mail for both? I just received my "You are medically cleared" Email. But haven't received anything as far as security goes. Normal?

Countrykane87

Rookie
Mar 28, 2018
I got one from security the same day I got my CIL. I didn’t have to do anything because I have an active clearance from my contract tower employment

Ochawgy

Rookie
May 11, 2016
Did those of y'all who got cleared both security and medical receive an E-mail for both? I just received my "You are medically cleared" Email. But haven't received anything as far as security goes. Normal?
I would say that typically you will not receive an email when you are cleared for security. You could, like WT mentioned, email the security POC or call the aviation careers hotline and they can check to see if they've received your conditional clearance.

Ochawgy

Rookie
May 11, 2016
I confirmed this morning that I was finally cleared by the flight surgeon. Now we wait for the donkeys and elephants to find their brains and resolve this government shutdown.

Ochawgy

Rookie
May 11, 2016
Did you fail your MMPI TIER 1 and have been waiting for the Tier 2?
Negative. Just been waiting for a normal clearance. I had to submit some followup paperwork for a couple things, which was within a month of my physical. Then I had to wait the last 5 months. Supposedly the offices had to priorities OTS applicants at one point, and then they probably had to clear the backlog of renewals and such.

Ochawgy

Rookie
May 11, 2016
Finally received a facility list out of the blue. Submitted my preferences the following day... expecting to hear something tomorrow or Wednesday.

Ochawgy

Rookie
May 11, 2016
mind sharing your list and experience?
ADW
ALO
AVP
AZO
BFL
BIS
BTR
CID
CKB
CPR
CRW
DAY
ELP
EUG
FPR
JNU
LBB
LCH
LNK
MDT
OMA
PAO
ROC
SBA
SBN
SHV
STP
STT

I had about 5 years exp in the USAF... been out of ATC for over 4 years. Just the one CTO; left as a watch sup.

Last edited:

Periculant

Newcomer
Jun 19, 2018
I cant find any timelines for post Teir 2 timelines. What have others experienced as far as timeline after their Teir 2 timeline?

@Ochawgy Congratz! how far out is your start date to facility?

BravoAMM

Newcomer
May 7, 2019
I'm a Tier 2 guy who has been cleared of everything and has been told my package is in DC with the overall Tier 2 coordinator. It's been there since December. Anyone else in a similar boat waiting to hear a call?

This process is insanity. Been waiting since September 2017 after getting out, but they chucked my trainee bid out the window to "make it easier" and put me in with this prior experience bid haha all the peeps at my last tower can't believe I'm still at this stage.

Periculant

Newcomer
Jun 19, 2018
Im on a similar boat, I completed my Tier 2 mid March 2019 and it has been with the FAA Tier 2 coordinator for almost 2 months. So far the process has taken 14 months and counting... Waiting for the next step

BravoAMM

Newcomer
May 7, 2019
I can only hope that I'm close to the top of the stack if it's been there since December. We all know it's a matter of when but damn lol