MBS - Saginaw MI Tower/Tracon

Jan 23, 2009
Iowa
Does anyone have any information on Saginaw tower? I know they were a level 6 that got downgraded to a 5. I am considering putting in an ERR for there. Thanks!

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
A friend of mine just applied to a bid they had out. If it's not still listed on the jobs site, you might want to give them a call and see if you can squeeze in before they pull the list.

gr8whitehntr

Rookie
Oct 13, 2011
just got my offer from ato they say MBS for me. it is way out of my preference zone but we are talking about it... anyone with info? you know the usual stuff, what is the facility like? shifts? manning? what is the area like? best place to look for apartments? what to do after work? TIA

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
I flew through there a lot. It's a typical Midwest Level 5 up/down. Slower winters, pretty decent summer traffic. Lots of VFR, practice approaches, and traffic going "up north."

Your tower sup is a great guy. Used to work in Flint.

There was someone who was asking about MKG the other day. MKG is in the same boat as MBS in that the MBS TRACON will be undergoing consolidation with AZO's new consolidated TRACON fairly soon. You'll probably be offered an opportunity to transfer, which could be a great thing for you. The agency has been slow to release information about it, though.

AlphaRomeo

Trusted Member
Oct 12, 2009
just got my offer from ato they say MBS for me. it is way out of my preference zone but we are talking about it... anyone with info? you know the usual stuff, what is the facility like? shifts? manning? what is the area like? best place to look for apartments? what to do after work? TIA
Ive got a buddy at MBS, if you want I can put you in contact with him, just shoot me a pm