MCAS Yuma CERAP

atcterminal

Newcomer
Jul 19, 2009
Heard they might be hiring more DOD'ers due to expanding airspace. Also heard they have a really high wash-out rate. Anyone have info about Yuma ATC?

Mr.Texas

Mod
Jun 15, 2008
I have a few DOD buddies over there. Don't see how the wash out rate is high..... they mostly hire seperating Marines that are checked out or close to it. The 4 years I was there I only saw 1 external hire. They have a lot of airspace already....wonder what the new space is.

SSgt Young

StuckMic Marine Corps Liaison
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
I'm CERAP qualified there and i'm working the airspace expansion program for the regional headquarters. What do you want to know about it. The washout rate is more for the Marine Controllers. The civs that leave do so for other more desirable locations. They will be asking to hire 5 new civillians once they acquire the new airspace. In theory, this will be going on around this time next year. If you want to know more just hit me up.

DOD_ATC

Jun 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm CERAP qualified there and i'm working the airspace expansion program for the regional headquarters. What do you want to know about it. The washout rate is more for the Marine Controllers. The civs that leave do so for other more desirable locations. They will be asking to hire 5 new civillians once they acquire the new airspace. In theory, this will be going on around this time next year. If you want to know more just hit me up.
SSgt,

Are the civilians there GS12's or GS13's?

Thanks

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
They are 12's if you stay branch specific (only tower or radar) the FWO's are facrats and 13's

mharv76

Newcomer
Dec 28, 2008
Dallas
It is a great place to work if you can get in. Very hard to get in though, like the Mafia...HAHA. Hello Kurtis (SSGT Young). Hope life is treating you well. I miss shooting birds with you on the levees. Take care fellow Texan.

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
Dude, I'll be hunting those leves again this year and for years to come. I hope everything is going well for you.

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
Yuma is on a hiring freeze at the moment. There is a rumor that they will be opening slots soon but when is anyone's guess. With that said, it helps to know someone there to be able to get a slot. I know of about seven people that want one and there are only five that have been approved.

Mike_Golf

Rookie
Mar 7, 2012
SSgt Young, is the current slot you guys have advertised right now spoken for? That is, would it be a waste to have applied and interviewed??

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
I'm not actually there, but I believe there were three slots open. One was given to a returning Civ from Japan, another was filled from an outsider and I don't know what happened to the third.