Mechanics

randt

Jan 12, 2009
Do we have any A and P mechanics on the boards? I am going to help Mod this forum and would like to get it up and going. I am a Dispatcher and my husband is a DOM. Our Airline is taking some time off, so while we do that, I am in charge of helping set up our 145 Repair Station. I have to admit, I have a headache after spending all day reading the regs and trying to figure out what all we need. Bluhhhhhh.....

randt

Jan 12, 2009
I know quite a few pilots who were able to learn by helping out around their hangar and getting A&P recommendations, so they just had to go take the test instead of schooling.

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
thats the plan...i work on them whenever i can...i hate to be the instructor that bugs the mechanics about when planes are gonna be done...so i get out and help :)

ppxatcs

Rookie
Feb 8, 2009
Reno, NV
There is no such thing as an A&P recommendation. There is a rule that allows you to put in a specific number of hours and its a lot of hours. I was an A&P for 4 years before I was picked up for air traffic. Great job, doesn't pay very well though. Unless you do contract type work that is not good for putting down any roots.

bmb221

Rookie
Aug 20, 2008
So Cal
Don't know how I missed this one. I'm an A&P currently. How's that repair station thing going?