medical clearance delays...UPDATE

rross3

Rookie
Feb 9, 2009
Raleigh NC
Anyone else having issues with their medical clearance? They've been waiting for my MMPI results for over a month now. Medical says the doc that reviews them is out til June 8!

danielbfoster

Not my real name
Nov 20, 2008
DFW - D10
i've been waiting since the first of march for the very same reason, didn't know about the doc being out til june though, thanks a million. :banghead:

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
Ive been waiting since feb and Ive heard plenty of different reasons ranging from a contract dispute between the FAA and the contractors who grade it... to them running out of the special grading paper and the FAA not ordering anymore. Who knows... I do know that there are something like 400 peopel waiting now. Everyone is pretty much on hold.

PoppinJ

Rookie
Jan 30, 2009
I just found out from my rep today that all I'm waiting on is my med clearance. I didnt know that that was bundled with the mmpi though. I submitted all my stuff at the beginning of March.

pd82

Rookie
Dec 23, 2008
Pleasanton, CA
just a heads up for anyone who is told at their PEPC that they need to send in some sort of medical documentation later: make sure you fax it in or scan it and email it. If you use regular mail, it may take a month before they sort it and get it to the correct person.

Uptowner

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
Minneapolis
I took my MMPI in December but they waited until March to tell me that I needed a second evaluation. The Flight Surgeon's office told me they waited until the rest of my medical was cleared before the second tier psych testing was done because that visit is expensive for them.

My HR rep told me it should be 4-6 weeks for the second evaluation to be approved and it's going on 6 weeks. I'm currently attempting to walk the fine line of letting him know how eager I am to get an OKC date without being too annoying.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
Everyone who is waiting can call Cassandra Pollard (310)725-3752, she is in charge of Medical Clearances. I call her twice a week, haha.

GrinchWSLG

Rookie
Nov 23, 2008
mattthepirate.blogspot.com
Yeah, just a heads up, until you clear the psych eval the medical office won't forward your medical clearance to OKC. I was given the wrong psych test initially. When it went to wherever they check the answers they just threw it out without telling anyone. Thankfully my contact at the Chicago medical office tracked it down and set me up for another psych test. Of course we didn't know at the time they threw it out because I'd been given the wrong test. So I ended up taking the wrong test again, but luckily (or unluckily, if you look at the timing) my contact called me that night with news that the first test was the wrong one. I told her they gave me the exact same test again so she sent me to Indy Center a few weeks later to take the right one.

As if that wasn't enough, by the time my psych clearance came in they decided they wanted the ER Reports from a car accident I had 5 years ago. Took them nearly 3 weeks to get around to looking at those and when everything was finally in order, oops, my drug test had expired because it had taken them 6 freaking months.

So yeah, stay on top of things, be calling someone every week or two to make sure things are rolling. Everyone needs to be riding the FAA's butts to get us hired so they learn to get things in order I think.

rross3

Rookie
Feb 9, 2009
Raleigh NC
Anyone hear any new information about the MMPI delays? It seems to only affect those going through the traditional route like myself...Still waiting since FEB.

Uptowner

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
Minneapolis
The FAA is still trying to iron out the contract details with the new contractor for the answer keys. Rumor is that they hope to be done by COB today.
I got a hold of my contact at the regional flight surgeon's office and she told me to call back after the 4th of July, but it shouldn't be done any later than the end of July. Again, this is for a Tier 2 evaluation that was done the first week of April.

noid

Curtis E. Carr
Jun 24, 2008
In a van down by the river.
While I don't think this time frame reflects the MMPI2 situation, it's good info for people that are waiting for the Tier 2 results. Sucks that it seems to be taking longer, but at least you got some type of timeline to go by.

noid

Curtis E. Carr
Jun 24, 2008
In a van down by the river.
I got this e-mail today...

Happy Friday!!!!

Good News!!!! We've downloaded the new score keys and the exams will start to be scored and sent to the HR Reps (this started today). So, it shouldn't be too much longer now. We should be all caught up by the end of next week, week of 29th tops!

Rejoice with me!!!! Do something fun this weekend, I'm out next week (attending a PEPC in Chicago).

Take Care,

XXXXXXXXX

rross3

Rookie
Feb 9, 2009
Raleigh NC
Got a call today from Eastern medical...MMPI is finally done. Now waiting for a class date which I'm told won't be til OCT or later...RDU here I come.