Memphis Center - ZME

fsteele

Newcomer
Jul 3, 2009
Memphis, TN.
Just to give you guys a "heads up". ZME training department is starting a new D class and R class next month. What does that mean? Well, at least we are starting to move new trainees through training. Hopefully this will help get more people into the facility. That being said, we are only expecting a couple (2-4) people for the rest of the 2010 year. If I hear more, I will let know as soon as possible. Hang in there. It's a great job and it is worth the wait.
Fred

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Hello guys, I didnt read any of the past posts but I found out ZME is going to get about 32 people for FY2011.

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
anybody have any rough idea how many people are waiting for ZME? i just got my TOL a few weeks ago so i'm assuming i'm on the bottom. Just wondering how far that hole is.

Steve_O

Rookie
Feb 4, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
No clue about Memphis center...but my good buddy works there. He says theres a lot of trainees there already. He's about half way through his training.

Kelly423

Aug 5, 2009
I received my TOL in July 2009 for ZME. I was told I am number 17 a few weeks ago by HR. I don't know exactly what that number reflects, but I know there are a few of us who have been waiting on a date for ZME for over a year now.

JoeZME

Newcomer
Jul 24, 2010
Hampton, VA
jtomes Im not sure what im rank, Im still waiting for my medical to clear but my HR rep told me that it should be soon before I get my FOL, because intially i wasn't suppose to get my TOL she told me until Oct/Nov. and I received that at the end of June, and Ive completed everything else, but im going to check on that.

Kelly423 could you explain to me what this rank is... This is my first time hearing about this?

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
Dang...I was going to switch my geo pref to TN because I heard ZME was going to be hiring, but it sounds like there's quite a big backlog of people in the pipeline???

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
hmm interesting stuff. I wonder how many people have gotten their TOLs between you (kelly423) and I. hopefully not too many.

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
Just got an email from HR and she said i was number 29. She also said that their were going to be changes upcoming and that she doesn't know what these changes are and when they will take place but their coming.... Awesome details. but oh well hopefully these are good changes?

SmartBlonde1214

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2009
Florida
I wonder what kind of changes she is referring to...? Hopefully nothing bad...only good, lol. I want my class date! As long as they put at least 2 ZME kids in an Academy class, Im in!

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
Yeah thats the list of people with TOLs waiting on class dates. I want to go soon too. to anywhere. seriously anywhere.

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
Eff...that seems like alot of people in the pipeline. I'm willing to go just about anywhere too at this point, and was thinking about ZME, but it doesn't seem like they'd be hiring with that many people waiting already?

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
I think she was refering to the lame HR Personnel changes. That really don't help at all. Awesome for getting my hopes up... should have known better.