Memphis Center - ZME

fsteele

Newcomer
Jul 3, 2009
Memphis, TN.
Hey everyone,

I hope you enjoyed your holidays with your family. No new information from ZME. Right now, we are still expecting to receive 14-15 trainees from Oklahoma City. I have contacted most of these trainees and all of them are in Oklahoma City as of right now.

We should still receive a total of 32-34 trainees this year. If you get a Oklahoma City class date, please contact me as soon as possible so I can get information about Memphis out to you.

Right now, we have a R-class and D-class in progress. Both classes should finish next month. What that tells me is we are making room for more trainees. Once we receive the next 15 students, then Oklahoma City will open up for my students. I think this is the way we are going to move trainees for a while (years).

Keep your head up. Hopefully you will get word very soon for a class date. We are short and will be short for a while. Every facility is looking for new people. Most facilities are short, even if there is no bid out for hiring. I will let you know any new information as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Frederick Steele
NATCA ZME Reloaded Rep
frederick.steele@natca.net

fsteele

Newcomer
Jul 3, 2009
Memphis, TN.
I hope everyone is doing well. Here is my latest list as of right now:

Clay Glenn
Nicolas Albert
Joel Stalcup
David Jurkovic
Christopher Luedtke
Nicholas Rousseau

I am looking for these people so I can send them information about ZME and NATCA. If you are one of these people, then send me an email and I will send you a packet to your OKC address.

Thanks-

Frederick Steele
NATCA ZME Reloaded Rep
frederick.steele@natca.net

Carrera

Rookie
Jun 4, 2010
respectfully, it might be a good idea to just put first name and last initial of the people in that list.

fsteele

Newcomer
Jul 3, 2009
Memphis, TN.
Carrera, I disagree. I am in no way giving out ANY personal information on anyone. Posting a name is not giving out personal information and I would never give out any other information on trainees.

I, respectfully, disagree with you.

Sincerely,

Frederick Steele

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
hey Fred

Chris and Nick r are in my class if they haven't looked at this by tomorrow class I'll let them know your looking for them

Joe tomes

Carrera

Rookie
Jun 4, 2010
Carrera, I disagree. I am in no way giving out ANY personal information on anyone. Posting a name is not giving out personal information and I would never give out any other information on trainees.

I, respectfully, disagree with you.

Sincerely,

Frederick Steele

is there a benefit to posting a full name? everybody on that list knows they're going to memphis center. full name + place of employment + social networking, such as facebook, et al + any weirdo on the internet = potential privacy issue.

on the employment forums, the protocol is to never list FAA HR personnel names; simply their initials.

your call, but i wouldn't like my name on a public forum.

carrera

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
is there a benefit to posting a full name? everybody on that list knows they're going to memphis center. full name + place of employment + social networking, such as facebook, et al + any weirdo on the internet = potential privacy issue.

on the employment forums, the protocol is to never list FAA HR personnel names; simply their initials.

your call, but i wouldn't like my name on a public forum.

carrera
He's not listing HR personnel names. The reason HR personnel is not listed is because we don't want people doing google searches for reps and having stuckmic popping up all over the place.

He's listing the names of trainees going to ZME. Names that people aren't too likely to be searching for. He's trying to get them their welcome packets for the facility and since so many people on here are at OKC, this will allow them to see the name and let them know that Fred is trying to reach them.

Carrera

Rookie
Jun 4, 2010
i undestand fully his intentions. and again, a full name isn't necessary. there is not one single benefit to putting a full name on a public forum. if there were another "joe x" going to memphis center, then it could be sorted out over PM. a first name and last initial would suffice.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
The FAA has a search function that any Joe blow can search full names on. It will list your name, work location, and phone number. And it's available to the public. Stucmic is the least of your concerns.

d_warch

Newcomer
Apr 4, 2011
Anyone know where I can get a map of Memphis center? I was told it is the first one we study down at the academy, just want to be ontop of my game.
~D

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
you don't want the actual copy of Memphis center. my understanding is it's quite a bit harder. frequencies that don't increase by one with each sector, MEAs that are nice round numbers etc... someone has a copy of it somewhere else on stuckmic.

flyin_sooner

Trusted Contributor
Mar 23, 2010
Anyone know where I can get a map of Memphis center? I was told it is the first one we study down at the academy, just want to be ontop of my game.
~D
Here is the student packet we use at OU. I am under the impression that the map we use (on pg 35 of the packet) is the same sector you will work at the academy. Someone who has been through the academy may can verify this though. There are also blank maps on pg 36 of this packet that can be used to practice. I have absolutely no Idea if any of the LOAs are what the academy uses. Also the airspace is part of "OU Center" but whatever. Anyways it MAY help you. Enjoy!

Attachments