Miami Center - ZMA

miaorbust

Newcomer
Nov 6, 2008
Hello. I am in the process of transfering to Miami Center. I am currently a ATCS 2152 LF at a level 12 facility. My hourly rate on my LES states 30.27. Can anyone tell me what a ful D-side is making down at Miami ARTCC? I tried to pull up the pay charts and locality info but for some reason, i cannot open it.

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
Re: Question about Miami ARTCC

I would call HR at Miami Center. You probably need to contact them anyhow for other reasons, just ask them. Any information given here could be wrong, I would rather find out from someone that actually has a job to give that information out.

PS You should get ANY offer from the FAA in writing including pay. I would be afraid they would start you back at $35K for the next couple of years, since you could appear indifferent by not asking them up front. This is important enough information and unfortunately infinitely variable that you should be going to your employer not a blog for information.

miaorbust

Newcomer
Nov 6, 2008

Good point. Thanks. I dont think they will try to bust my pay back down but you never know. The transfer is a hardship so you would think that any pay level earned would be kept.

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque

I am pretty sure hardship does not come into the equation as it is considered a voluntary move, but I wish the best for you no matter what. Just be forward and assertive about having it in writing. You are not being a jerk or mean by asking for that simple favor, this is important at least to you and so very worth having that up front. I know too well the FAA does not always do the right thing when it comes to honoring verbal pay agreements.

Again, best wishes there.

ColtsATC

Trusted Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

According to the charts, CPC pay min is 70,300 and locality is 19.11%

Jesse711

Rookie
Nov 20, 2008
Hi All,

I got a TOL for Miami ARTCC in July at the NYC PEPC. I finally got word that my security has cleared. So now it's just a matter of waiting for a class date.

Does anyone work or have any information on the Miami ARTCC they would like to share?

Thanks,
Jesse

Jesse711

Rookie
Nov 20, 2008
Re: Miami ARTCC

I read that the other day. Can it really be that bad or unlike other level 12 facilities?

Dunia

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2008

I don't know but since they really need bodies and since I only chose Fl on my geo pref I may end up with it too. It would be great in a way since that is my hometown and I would like to move back after spending a couple years in PA but I am terrified of getting there and then it being bad. Let me know if you find anything out about it from other people. I called the other day to get a tour since I am in town but I had to leave a message and I never got a call back. Keep me posted!!

Jesse711

Rookie
Nov 20, 2008

The whole hostile enviroment doesn't bother me at all. My past jobs and my experience in the military would probably be somewhat comparable. But the lack/slowness of training does concern me. 39k is a big paycut for me and I didn't plan on being there long, but after reading that article, I'm not sure.

Btw...do you have the number I could call to schedule a tour?

Dunia

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2008

ZMA - FAA Miami ARTCC
7500 N.W. 58th St.
Miami, FL 33166
(P) 305-716-1500
(F) 305-716-1614

Let me know who you spoke to so I can give them a call too and get a tour before I leave Miami Jan 4. Also let me know what you find out!! Good Luck!

ATC_2k8

Newcomer
Nov 16, 2008
Miami, FL

Hey I went to CTI school in Miami also and I have been given a TOL for Miami Center. I have visited the place and yea I wasn't too thrilled, but you might want to watch yourself with the FAA they are getting very funny about people declining offers! So, think really hard before turning down an offer because who knows when you will get another.

Agent Ezzard

Newcomer
Jun 22, 2008
West Palm Beach, Fl

I'll be attending OKC for ZMA on the 9th of Jan. I'm from West Palm Beach so the move isn't far for me. I heard the horror stories and read a few news articles about the facility but it's just something that's going to have to be dealt with once I arrive.

Jesse711

Rookie
Nov 20, 2008

I agree...and I'm already 28. Took over a year to get this TOL, don't have time to be turning down any offers.

ATC_2k8

Newcomer
Nov 16, 2008
Miami, FL

Hey Agent Ezzard when was your PEPC? I'm still waiting on a date for OKC. I'm in the same boat as you, I'm just going to suck it up...I already know a couple of people that work there and they said its not that bad. I think it will be better once their staffing numbers go up...I heard there training program is SLOOOWWW!

Agent Ezzard

Newcomer
Jun 22, 2008
West Palm Beach, Fl

My PEPC was on July 7th. I am from the PUBNAT1 group of folks. Yeah I have also heard of that slow progression training situation. It is what it is though right? I'm used to the hurry up and wait attitude from the Army.