Miami Center - ZMA

cubgirl

Newcomer
Feb 5, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Icemon, what is the average amount of time it has been taking for a newbie to get to D1 , D2, D3, and CPC lately? I'm starting there in June, provided I pass the dreaded PV, of course.

ZMADEV1

Rookie
Feb 7, 2011
Probably looking at 2.5-3yrs cubgirl. It depends on your skills, what area you go to, training class dates and how many trainees you are sharing instructors and sectors with.

Good luck at ZMA

mpartovi

Rookie
Apr 30, 2009
Miami, Florida
just got word from HR ZMA hiring numbers for FY12 are only 12 people. Unfortunately, it seems i fall just behind these 12. I'm lucky number 13. Back to the waiting game.

mpartovi

Rookie
Apr 30, 2009
Miami, Florida
My TOL date was May 24. I have my conditional security clearance already too.

I am 13th VRA/CTI and 16th overall which I assume includes any OTS and Transfers.

P_to_the_R

Ruler of the Movement Area
Nov 19, 2008
funkytown
You all are goina love Miami Center. The Fac Rep there is a great guy and a friend. He tells me about the place and it sounds like a great place to work. Best of Luck to you all!!

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
I met someone from ZMA a few months back. She mentioned that they used to do some program to deal with the bump in traffic from snowbirds coming down in the winter where they bring in people on TDY for a few months. Is that still the case?

ATCracer

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
South Florida
I met someone from ZMA a few months back. She mentioned that they used to do some program to deal with the bump in traffic from snowbirds coming down in the winter where they bring in people on TDY for a few months. Is that still the case?
I asked about that too bc I'm from Miami, and the controllers here at Houston said they stopped because of too many deviations and 'issues' with those temp controllers. Not sure how true that is. Too bad, I would have loved that. Zhu locality while living in Miami? cha-ching! Haha