Microsoft Home User Program for FAA Employees

skyhack

Newcomer
Feb 19, 2009
Berthoud, CO (ZDV)
FAA Employees are eligible to participate in the Microsoft Home User Program.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID FAA EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Follow the link below to the FAA ECenter login, enter your webmail (eg, john.doe@faa.gov) and your webmail password. On the page are links to documents that explain your eligibility, and one containing the program code for Microsoft's HUP site.

https://employees.faa.gov/org/linebusiness/ato/finance/it/service/hup/

Open another tab in your browser, and point it to http://hup.microsoft.com. On that page, enter your FAA email and the program code. Microsoft will send an email to your FAA account detailing purchasing and downloading the software. You can also order discs, if you like.

You buy directly from Microsoft.
The following software is available, at $9.95 each. (YES, $9.95!)

Office 2010 Professional/Plus Enterprise Edition with Business Contact Manager (and Publisher!)
Office 2008 for Mac with free upgrade to Office 2011 when it ships
Microsoft Project
Microsoft Visio

No other software is being offered. (Dang, no Windows 7)

Also, at your normal FAA ECenter login, under "Services" there is a "Software Downloads" link where you can get McAfee AV for free.

Now, if we can just get Adobe, I'm all set!

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Thanks. May pick up Office 2010. I've been using the OpenSource thing, but for less than $10 I wouldn't mind having the real thing.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
JetBlue just did this too. I think Microsoft's trying to squeeze the last bit of revenue they can out of Office before the new version comes out later this year. Still a good deal.

GeorgeM

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2008
CO
JetBlue just did this too. I think Microsoft's trying to squeeze the last bit of revenue they can out of Office before the new version comes out later this year. Still a good deal.
Office 2010 was just released. Is it being replaced by something?

skyhack

Newcomer
Feb 19, 2009
Berthoud, CO (ZDV)
Just spreading the Word. (That was pretty bad)

It amazes me how many people don't know about it. You'd think this would be on every FAA bulletin board, and included in hiring packages to show off some of the perks of this job. I had to dig to find it, and that was after someone else told me about it.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Office 2010 was just released. Is it being replaced by something?
There goes my theory. I was only thinking about the Mac version, with is still a few years old and will be replaced by Office 2011 this month (supposedly).

Maybe to lock down a market that might get out of their hands, then? I don't see strong pressure by competitors, but... that's all I got.

AirborneJFO

Aug 9, 2009
Westbury, NY
anyone know of the information needed to get FAA email on a mobile device such as an iPhone?

incoming server name, outgoing server name, etc.

GeorgeM

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2008
CO
anyone know of the information needed to get FAA email on a mobile device such as an iPhone?

incoming server name, outgoing server name, etc.
AFAIK, the only interface to FAA email outside the FAA intranet is browser based. Do you have a "username"@faa.gov email address?

AirborneJFO

Aug 9, 2009
Westbury, NY
FAA email address, yes I have one. The NATCA one is user friendly, they give you a link on how to set it up. You're probably right...it's browser based only.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
FAA had a free McAfee download before, cant find it now. I ended up just going with MS Essentials which is probably better anyways.

GeorgeM

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2008
CO
FAA had a free McAfee download before, cant find it now. I ended up just going with MS Essentials which is probably better anyways.
It's still there, on the e-center "Services" page when you click on "Software Downloads".