Military to Civilian Without a CTO

daniel90

May 9, 2018
Hello guys, I left the Marine Corps September 2017 with tower ground, tower cab coordinator, clearance delivery, and tower data at MCAS Miramar. I was 1 qualification away from receiving a CTO then I was deployed on a MEU my last year in the military and didn't get a CTO. I'm now in College using my 9/11 gi bill but I actually enjoy ATC and would like to pursue a career in it. so guys what are my options here? Wait for a OTS announcement? or should I attend the Advanced ATC course for a CTO? Also I lost my pink card, unfortunately, do you guys know how do I request a replacement or does it even matter for OTS bids? Any rumors to when the next OTS bid is for 2018? Thanks guys.

daniel90

May 9, 2018
What are my chances for the OTS bid, is it randomly picked or do veterans get any preference or points? thanks for the responses guys.

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
I’m sure there is veteran preference, IIRC the last OTS bid I put in for asked and there are 2 separate pools one for Vets/CTI and one for the all others.

freakfly23

Aug 28, 2014
I graduated from Advanced ATC in November. It's a sure path to a CTO. Call and schedule a tour. 866-938-0398.

SOBS

Sep 22, 2008
1. Your FAA 7220-1 (pink card). Your last ATC Facility that has your records probably has a copy of your pink card. There should be a copy inside your training records. This is not a CTO just an ATCS card(pink)