Minneapolis Center - ZMP

Dkennedy

Trusted Member
Dec 18, 2008
Minnesota
Disneyman,
Thanks for the post. I will be at the academy from mid February through mid June then ZMP after. I'll keep your place in mind if it hasn't been rented by then.
There are a handful of us that will be coming to the center come late may and June. What area are you in?

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
Since you have the same screen name as the on I see on X-box live I am guessing i know who you are maxshutty. how are ya? Anyway when i spoke with HR gal at ZMP she mentioned that they should be taking more than last year because "last year didnt work out very well" whatever that means. Washouts maybe? Anyway things are looking up for MSP compared to when we graduated

sabouneh

Oct 4, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks man... I should have googled. I wonder why they are doing that when they have plenty of people waiting with TOL to get into OKC. Including me

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Thanks man... I should have googled. I wonder why they are doing that when they have plenty of people waiting with TOL to get into OKC. Including me
ERR are for people already working in the FAA.

Ozelot

Rookie
Jun 15, 2008
I understand that... it sucks they need to resort to that though. They must really be hurting... I guess its good news for us waiting.... But it could go either way for us with TOLs
We've had a chunk of people just retire over the summer. They are going to be looking at ERRs soon.

sabouneh

Oct 4, 2009
Minnesota
We've had a chunk of people just retire over the summer. They are going to be looking at ERRs soon.
I have some friends there already who are saying a lot of people are going to be retiring soon... Unfortunate they decide to cut spending on the FAA.... They need to realize it takes time to train people and replace... At least things will get moving along again soon.

sabouneh

Oct 4, 2009
Minnesota
So the emails for the drug refreshers went out to those who have expired drug tests...... nothing more.... hopefully they are just preparing to sling everyone through and want to make sure there are not any hold ups for when it does come.

sabouneh

Oct 4, 2009
Minnesota
well there were more people with expired drug tests that havnt been notified.. odd
Yea I just emailed her since I couldn't wait.. she said they don't notify of the expired drug tests until its closer to an effective date.... and said she didn't have information on class dates... I am not sure how that works either if people have expired drug tests and have not been notified....

sabouneh

Oct 4, 2009
Minnesota
Mine should be expired too since I did mine at the start of 2012... she did say they were sending emails to the people who had drug tests expire during the hiring freeze. So I am really confused ... because if they are good for 6 months mine would be expired too.. she just told me I would have to retake my drug test when the time came....

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
I think there something else in the mix that they arnt telling you. Next month or whenever you reach out to her again I reccomend calling. If they have any info they really seem to avoid sending it in written form over email.

sabouneh

Oct 4, 2009
Minnesota
yea maybe they dont want to get our hopes up and then crush them if the gov shuts down again... then they would be getting tons of phone calls ...... I just thought email would be better so she could respond when she had some time.... Maybe someone else on the list can call next month.. we can all take turns haha

hrmast

Oct 3, 2010
Hastings, MN
So the emails for the drug refreshers went out to those who have expired drug tests...... nothing more.... hopefully they are just preparing to sling everyone through and want to make sure there are not any hold ups for when it does come.
My drug test is expired and I haven't received an email yet.

jgoebel

Newcomer
Feb 15, 2014
Anyone know what the ERR situation is at ZMP? I have one in but I am a terminal controller. I've heard they are planning on picking up a bunch of people, and I was wondering if anyone knew if the err list of people trying to get there was long or short. I would imagine I would be closer to the bottom of that list since I'm not an en route controller. So a shorter list would work in my favor. Thanks.