MYR - Myrtle Beach Int'l

DuckSlayer18

Jun 15, 2009
Midland, GA
Anyone have any information on MYR? I got a redirect to MYR tower today, just kind of wondering about the city itself, is it nice to live and such? never seen or been to the city so i just had some general questions.

duranme

Senior Analyst
Nov 3, 2009
BUR
Its cheap its a summer and spring break place. Kinda like the panama city for south Carolina

Bstras2809

Rookie
Sep 8, 2011
Haven't toured the facility but I've been to the area hundreds of times. It's a tourist hot spot in the spring/summer so you might want to look a places in North Myrtle or the nearby Conway. Actually have a buddy selling a house in Conway. Anyway, nice place to visit and if you're removed enough from "the strip" a pretty cool place to live as well!

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Did anyone else apply for the MYR bid? If anyone works there or has, let me know about the work environment and location. I have a wife and 2 children, we're looking for a place to settle down and raise our children.

macatc

Newcomer
Aug 21, 2015
4 ten work week,no mids,
rotating rdos every 6 weeks.... country club of FAA, also getting level 8 soon

tywest

Jan 9, 2012
4 ten work week,no mids,
rotating rdos every 6 weeks.... country club of FAA, also getting level 8 soon
You get upgraded yet? My wifes parents live there. Putting in on the list of places to visit in the next year or so to see if she can convince me to live in Myrtle Beach ha

gophils22011

Rookie
Oct 14, 2011
Just received a start date at MYR. Looks like a great place to start a career. I don't know anyone there but I've read the above information. If there is anything else a prospective trainee should know and prepare for, I'd appreciate the heads up. Thanks in advance

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Check out pointsixtyfive under the facilities tab. If you goto the overview and click on the grey box, it'll take you to a "welcome letter" for the facility. I don't know how old it is, but will give you some info if you haven't already seen it. Good luck!

KStoves

Aug 22, 2011
Just received a start date at MYR. Looks like a great place to start a career. I don't know anyone there but I've read the above information. If there is anything else a prospective trainee should know and prepare for, I'd appreciate the heads up. Thanks in advance
I thought I read somewhere the FAA doesn't start people at any facility higher than a level 7... is that not true?

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
It's all dependent on the applicants previous experience. Coming out of the academy you can expect level 7 and below majority of the time though.