Need to Schedule ATSAT but Deployed

DELTA602

Newcomer
Nov 7, 2016
So I applied for the 2017 bid in July and got the email to schedule the ATSAT, but I deployed in August and I am overseas. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way to schedule when I am stateside?

mike24601

Aug 7, 2017
The testing window is very short unfortunately. Mostly through October and maybe into November. Will you be back before end of next month? Otherwise you are SOL until next bid.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Call them. It's likely illegal to disqualify you for being deployed if you qualify for the job.

DELTA602

Newcomer
Nov 7, 2016
I don't get back until February. So the window they gave me just isn't possible for me. I plan on contacting them and seeing what they say. Just wanted to see if anyone had heard of this issue before.

C_Ro

Rookie
Sep 22, 2017
I don't get back until February. So the window they gave me just isn't possible for me. I plan on contacting them and seeing what they say. Just wanted to see if anyone had heard of this issue before.
Have you talked to your CO? Already scheduled mid tour leave? You might be able to schedule your mid tour leave around the testing window. It may make for an early leave but at least you'd get the test in.

solomaniak

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2010
I’m on the same boat. Currently deployed and won’t get back until January. Well I didn’t think I’d get this far since I was outside the 120 day window.. at least I know won’t have to take another BQ on the next bid..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I’m on the same boat. Currently deployed and won’t get back until January. Well I didn’t think I’d get this far since I was outside the 120 day window.. at least I know won’t have to take another BQ on the next bid..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if you were in the States, you'd have been disqualified anyway for applying outside of 120 days.

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
Even if you were in the States, you'd have been disqualified anyway for applying outside of 120 days.
This. It's not illegal to disqualify you if you didn't meet the minimum criteria to be considered for the bid.

archer

Jan 8, 2016
I don't think they really follow the 120 rule for OTS I think it is only for prior exp for some reason. I applied for the Aug 2016 OTS bid with about 180 days left and got a TOL, but I also applied for the prior exp bid in September when I had about 160 days until separation but didn't get a TOL because I wasn't in the 120 day mark.

DELTA602

Newcomer
Nov 7, 2016
I have emailed a few people at the FAA and it seems I am just out of luck this time. The 120 days doesn't matter to apply but it would help in my case due to the fact that they said if I met that requirement I would be able to reschedule the test.. If I wasn't deployed it might have worked out depending on the wait time for OKlahoma City.