Needs further psych evaluation

Captain_Corge

Dec 7, 2009
Austin, Texas
San Antonians are all crazy. I should know, I married one. You'll look normal by comparison, go with Hulgin.
Hahahaha, well I went with the Doctor out of Houston, the San Antonio Doctor wasn't going to be available until after the new year. I had a couple of arrests in my freshman year of college. So, at the end I asked him if I had anything to worry about and he said "You're talking to a guy that graduated college int the 70's, I think you will be fine". Hahaha

I had to take the 344 question personality test, answer about 20-25 questions that were the begining of a sentence, and I had to finish it. I also re-took the entire 576 question MMPI-II. I also had about an hour or 2 worth of questioning from the doctor, everything from where I was born, grade school through college and now my current life. He also wants a list of non-family, non-friend references that he can call and question. He said it will take him a couple of weeks to get his report together before he is sends it off to Dallas. I hope I'm not crazy!!!!....

Singingastro

Trusted Member
May 25, 2009
Houston, TX
does anyone know the number to the medical division that I may call to see if my Tier 2 psych sent in my paperwork as of yet? I've been calling the Main Aviation Careers Division and all they can tell me if my Medical has been fully cleared yet. Thank you :)

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
does anyone know the number to the medical division that I may call to see if my Tier 2 psych sent in my paperwork as of yet? I've been calling the Main Aviation Careers Division and all they can tell me if my Medical has been fully cleared yet. Thank you :)
If you were at the June PEPC, you have to call Chicago for that info. The number was in the packet they gave you. I only have that number so if you were at the June PEPC let me know and I will PM it to you.

Singingastro

Trusted Member
May 25, 2009
Houston, TX
If you were at the June PEPC, you have to call Chicago for that info. The number was in the packet they gave you. I only have that number so if you were at the June PEPC let me know and I will PM it to you.
I was acutally in the June PEPC. Would you mind sending that to me? Your the best

Singingastro

Trusted Member
May 25, 2009
Houston, TX
ok so i called Annie. She was very helpful and said that, yes, my MMPI tier 2 results were sent to Washington and they are awaiting them to clear me or not. She told me to call back on January 22nd and they should have more information for me. SO yay....one more month.....piece of cake.

atcBOB

Rookie
Dec 26, 2008
Can some PM me A's number? Probably gonna have to call a couple of different ppl to see whats up with AB, since its xmas time.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
ok so i called Annie. She was very helpful and said that, yes, my MMPI tier 2 results were sent to Washington and they are awaiting them to clear me or not. She told me to call back on January 22nd and they should have more information for me. SO yay....one more month.....piece of cake.
Ya I was told the same thing today. They said my report was on its way to Washington but I don't believe them lol. Just shutting me up for now I guess.

AirborneJFO

Aug 9, 2009
Westbury, NY
I called JR in Queens to ask about AB (I'm traditional, not PEPC). He hasn't sent shit.

I knew it was a shot in the dark and something possibly positive to hear before Christmas, but no.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
When did you see him. I saw him the first week of October. There are 20 applicants after me. I know ATCbob saw him right after me. Just add 10 weeks from your appointment and that is when he will send it out. F'd up right?

AirborneJFO

Aug 9, 2009
Westbury, NY
JR said AB is on the FAA's master shit list.

November 12th....my appointment.

Fked up....but I guess I can call HR about all my other stuff in the meantime to see how that's tracking.

AB told me he'd get my packet sent out in 3 weeks....so much for that.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Same here. 3 to 4 weeks turned into 10. Medical says they r in the process of receiving/sending it out to DC but I think they r just trying to shut me up until Feb. Now watch me not hear anything until March.

Singingastro

Trusted Member
May 25, 2009
Houston, TX
Same here. 3 to 4 weeks turned into 10. Medical says they r in the process of receiving/sending it out to DC but I think they r just trying to shut me up until Feb. Now watch me not hear anything until March.
hopefully this wont be the case for you, or anyone for that matter!! keep your fingers crossed

Captain_Corge

Dec 7, 2009
Austin, Texas
After being told these class dates and then told they are cancelled we will all need further psych evaluations...hahaha
I have now gone through and read much of the information and postings from other boards, unfortunately. It is not looking good at this point. It seems that all of us in this situation are going to be waiting around a really long time, considering they are canceling a large portion of the class dates. I am growing very leery of all this. There are many people who have already received their FOL and now have had the FAA renege on their class dates. I am a TOL for an enroute center in Anchorage. Looks like with all the classes being cancelled I may not be even getting an FOL in 2010??!!!.....

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Well... if it's any comfort, FY2010 ends in September. I know, that's still months away, but... better than waiting a full year for the next round to start.

AirborneJFO

Aug 9, 2009
Westbury, NY
I don't think its that drastic. Besides, your TOL is a an appointment "NTE (Not to Exceed) 13 months" as your letter probably says.

I'm sure the FAA/DOT have quality management practices with their HR that say things and use buzz words like "busted time standard" when for no real good reason, they make you wait more than 13 months between TOL and FOL. I'm sure the HR rep and possibly their supervisor get in some sort of trouble and it goes in a weekly staff meeting reportable to some sort of director of HR in the FAA/DOT.

The 13 months is to give a little leeway on processing the retesting for the 4 things you have to do (medical, psych, security, drug).

So when someone like AB is the reason for X number of applicants to be delayed in their processing through quantative analysis displayed through bar graphs and pie charts and matrices, they come down on him like a ton of bricks or review to yank his contract.

At least that's how it should work in a responsible organization