NEST

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
I am a training failure who is about to be reviewed by the NEST. I've gotten some conflicting information. The EMP 1.14a says that if you fail at 2 consecutive facilities (this is #2 first a center now a lvl 6 tower) the only option is termination. I have been told that, that is not NATCA's interpretation of it and relocation to a lower level facility is still an option.

I do have other questions. Is there a designated NEST Rep?

FoggyWindow

Trusted Contributor
Feb 18, 2011
Los Santos Intl Airport
Hmm, thats a tough situation. I've never heard of somebody washing at their 2nd facility, especially a level 6, and then getting offered a 3rd at an even slower one. The current ATC environment is in your favor as we're in the midst of a long gap between students so you could be in luck. Good luck, man. What are your issues keeping you from getting rated? Not to be nosy, I'm just curious if its something that can be addressed. Are you having trouble with communication with acft or is it something more advanced?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
We've got the same situation at my tower. Center failure, now a level 6 up/down failure. Training for him was stopped in early June, and he's still at the facility waiting on the NEST.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
We've got the same situation at my tower. Center failure, now a level 6 up/down failure. Training for him was stopped in early June, and he's still at the facility waiting on the NEST.
Is he waiting for his file to be sent to the NEST or to hear their decision? I was told that my info is being sent off tomorrow for the 10/4 NEST.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Is he waiting for his file to be sent to the NEST or to hear their decision? I was told that my info is being sent off tomorrow for the 10/4 NEST.
Waiting to hear the decision. They met twice I think to discuss his outcome, but then there was a hangup where people that didn't get a chance with the NEST, are now being reviewed by NEST. So he went to the back of the line. Now no one here knows what's going on with it.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
well at least they didn't just write him off immediately. That's promising or something I guess. I'm working on some ERRs. Hopefully I can make something happen with that.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
When did you start/fail at the center and when did you start at the tower?

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
Are there still level 5 facilities out there? I know some got contracted out, but not sure how many (if any) remain.

NovemberLima

Rookie
Jan 20, 2011
I don't mean to re-direct this thred, Cirrus; I just a have a quick off-topic question. I'm under the impression you went to ZBW, I'm headed there myself, do you any commentary on the facility worth noting?

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
I don't mean to re-direct this thred, Cirrus; I just a have a quick off-topic question. I'm under the impression you went to ZBW, I'm headed there myself, do you any commentary on the facility worth noting?
Unless it's changed companies again, the cafeteria is awesome.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Are there still level 5 facilities out there? I know some got contracted out, but not sure how many (if any) remain.
Yes, there's a pretty good number of level 5 facilities. There's some 4's out there too.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
The NEST meeting scheduled for October 7, 2013 to address unsuccessful training packages has been postponed until sometime after the end of the government shutdown.