NEST

Timmy

Newcomer
Jun 24, 2012
Thank You, Cirrus12. Were the facilities offered to you in your district, region, or everywhere?

KDskylark

Dec 7, 2008
LA
Timmy read the entire thread. There is decent information here. As well as a link to the HR memo that explains the NEST process a bit.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
No problem. There's a point in there that says if you fail to make CPC at two consecutive facilities, you're not eligible for retention. They're not following that rule. One person that worked at my facility was a double failure and still got sent to a tower only facility. He did get tower certified with us, so apparently they're making that a case by case basis on whether getting a CTO at an up/down counts and makes you eligible again. But who knows.

ZSupra

Newcomer
Dec 20, 2013
I want to make sure I know the NEST process correctly. Does the NEST first tell you what level facilities you are eligible for, then you make your request of which facilities and or geographic location you would like to be?

GIANTS10

Newcomer
Jan 16, 2013
California
We might as well disregard the NEST process since it's not being truthful to what it states. A two consecutive facility failure is still retained. Two people at the same progression level at the same type of facility and one gets retained and the other person doesn't. Is this a joke or what then? I thought this is suppose to help the employee and be a consistent process.

duranme

Senior Analyst
Nov 3, 2009
BUR
Nest is supposed to streamline the process and take into account the training and areas of deficiencies. If they determine that you wont make it ANYWHERE (doesnt understand wake turbulence at all) they say kthanxbye. Not everyone is offered a second chance and some luck people get three chances (wash from a 12, wash from an 8, sent to a 5) its really a can they make it in the job at a slower pace, give em shot. Wouldnt be able to do the job, see ya.

Even under the old process you werent guaranteed a second chance, but that process placed more responsibility on the ATMs and they didnt want that.

Ryan09

Rookie
Feb 9, 2009
Long Island, NY
I don't think the NEST actually sees your geo prefs. I got a copy of everything they reviewed. I included locations in my letter and my manager did as well. When I get the paperwork back all geographic info had been blacked out.
Well, damn thats not reassuring. I just requested NY but i was afraid I left it too open ended beyond that so my NATCA rep said i could write an additional letter to submitted listing additional geo prefs.

KDskylark

Dec 7, 2008
LA
Well, damn thats not reassuring. I just requested NY but i was afraid I left it too open ended beyond that so my NATCA rep said i could write an additional letter to submitted listing additional geo prefs.

They see your prefs after the decision is made. After all the NEST trainees are evaluated to see if the will be released or retained there is another meeting where they decide what to offer you depending on what was decided for you. That is going on for the December NEST now. The people who have been waiting the longest get their choices first and they have 7 days to choose. Then the next... Etc.

RomeoCharlie

Oct 13, 2010
California
How long did it take for people to hear back from the NEST after their packets were submitted? I was told that they dont always make a decision the first month that they get it.

estup24

Dec 4, 2013
USA
They see your prefs after the decision is made. After all the NEST trainees are evaluated to see if the will be released or retained there is another meeting where they decide what to offer you depending on what was decided for you. That is going on for the December NEST now. The people who have been waiting the longest get their choices first and they have 7 days to choose. Then the next... Etc.
Are you still waiting to hear something/make your selection??

Timmy

Newcomer
Jun 24, 2012
Were you able/allowed to send in another Geo Pref. list? I would definitely want to do that if I can.

h4xit

Trusted Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
I know someone that was recommended for transfer to a tower, but is still waiting on their selections. They were notified they were being retained earlier this month.