NEST

Timmy

Newcomer
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone heard any news this week??
I've been verbally told that I'm being reviewed, but nothing about the results or anything official. I was able to amend my geo. preferences tho. I know someone mentioned it before.

ugotkevin

Rookie
Aug 7, 2009
ZDV since Sept 12, failed 2nd D side graded in Nov. I was reviewed in December and received my response letter yesterday that I'm to be terminated. I was not recommended by the ATM (which I didn't find out until yesterday)

RomeoCharlie

Oct 13, 2010
California
Crap man I am sorry to hear that. Any idea why you were not recommended? I am in the same boat as you. I washed on my second D and I should be reviewed by the nest the end of Feb. I wasn't that nervous until now.

KDskylark

Dec 7, 2008
LA
I am really sorry that happened. Hopefully you can find something in the agency of you'd like.

KDskylark

Dec 7, 2008
LA
I'm starting to get curious as to how people are getting their responses preferences and otherwise. Should we be checking our emails or is it coming through the ATMs... I have no idea where these people are meeting. I'm starting to think the weather is having an adverse effect on the response time.

estup24

Dec 4, 2013
USA
I'm starting to get curious as to how people are getting their responses preferences and otherwise. Should we be checking our emails or is it coming through the ATMs... I have no idea where these people are meeting. I'm starting to think the weather is having an adverse effect on the response time.
I got my choices from the ATM

KDskylark

Dec 7, 2008
LA
That's good to hear. I will keep you posted. Wouldn't it be ironic if I was waiting for you pick this entire time? Please help me find the humor in this.

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
If someone can't get through a level 6, shouldn't they consider a different career? Good luck! I hope it works out for the best.

Timmy

Newcomer
Jun 24, 2012
Just found out I was retained, which my manager and I expected, but nothing on a list facilities to go. Anyone know roughly how long it took before you got your list after you found out you were retained?

PhillyManlove

Dec 18, 2013
Philly
If someone can't get through a level 6, shouldn't they consider a different career? Good luck! I hope it works out for the best.
Phillymanlove disagrees. One, there are level six facilities that are a shit ton more difficult to work than level 7's 8's...

VRB is known for ending careers before they ever start. A complex vfr tower can crush your soul.

Timmy

Newcomer
Jun 24, 2012
Thats good news Timmy! Did you wash out of a center or a tower? What level facility was it and how far did you make it in training?
Up/Down. Made it through Local at minimums, but we are about 110% on trainess to CPC's and I was told I wasn't progressing fast enough on radar. I was an OTS hire (ex-military but not a controller). At a level 6 (now downgraded to a 5), and I was retained for a level 7 and below tower only. Just waiting for a list of towers now but not sure how long that will take.

GIANTS10

Newcomer
Jan 16, 2013
California
Up/Down. Made it through Local at minimums, but we are about 110% on trainess to CPC's and I was told I wasn't progressing fast enough on radar. I was an OTS hire (ex-military but not a controller). At a level 6, and I was retained for a level 7 and below tower only. Just waiting for a list of towers now but not sure how long that will take.
Let me hear this correctly. Timmy you are at a level 6 up/down, made it up to local control, and was terminated from training on radar? Then you're case was reviewed by the NEST and are offering you a list of level 7 and below towers only?

Timmy

Newcomer
Jun 24, 2012
Let me hear this correctly. Timmy you are at a level 6 up/down, made it up to local control, and was terminated from training on radar? Then you're case was reviewed by the NEST and are offering you a list of level 7 and below towers only?
Checked out on LC. Half way through radar training when my training was suspended.