NEST

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
The NEST meeting scheduled for October 7, 2013 to address unsuccessful training packages has been postponed until sometime after the end of the government shutdown.

While we are on this subject, does anyone know when the rescheduled NEST meeting (originally Oct. 7) will occur? I know its the first day of the govt grand reopening, but any help will be great. My NEST meeting has been pushed back twice now. Once due to lack of information (which led to a delay sending my package in), and second because of the shutdown. I've been sitting since 15 Aug. Thanks in advance!

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
While we are on this subject, does anyone know when the rescheduled NEST meeting (originally Oct. 7) will occur? I know its the first day of the govt grand reopening, but any help will be great. My NEST meeting has been pushed back twice now. Once due to lack of information (which led to a delay sending my package in), and second because of the shutdown. I've been sitting since 15 Aug. Thanks in advance!
I heard they're looking at mid November, but it's too early to know for sure.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
Anyone who went through the NEST could share their result?
So far I haven't heard of anyone being let go. In fact, it sounds as though more people are being reassigned. There is simply an extra step that considers a training failure's retainment based on demonstrated abilities and not just the word of their supervision. NEST reassignments are slowly leaking into the system and there will be many more once the backlog is worked through.
EDIT: The trainee also gets to choose from a larger pool of facilities nationwide.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
I had heard that there were a bunch of people terminated in the last NEST. Not a majority by any means, but several people.

For any interested parties who didn't get an update, today is day 1 of the NEST meeting. I was told that they're doing 3 days this time instead of 2 to try to make up for everyone who didn't get reviewed last month.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
I had heard that there were a bunch of people terminated in the last NEST. Not a majority by any means, but several people.

For any interested parties who didn't get an update, today is day 1 of the NEST meeting. I was told that they're doing 3 days this time instead of 2 to try to make up for everyone who didn't get reviewed last month.
As you all hear back, please post here so any interested parties have an idea when info is coming down and what the results are. Negative or positive results welcome. Thanks in advance.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
Quick note: (no word yet, BTW)

Those of you going through the process might want to get in touch with the NATCA official who actually worked your TRB. Not your facrep, but the one who came from a different facility within the region. I am in contact with mine, and he seems to have a bit more info than HR or my management.

Currently being told that all decisions must go through the VP-Terminal before being forwarded down, which could take up to a month. However, other NATCA folks are telling me to expect something late next week before Thanksgiving. I know its not much, but forwarding info as I get it. Best of luck everyone.

C

charliezuluatc

If you have at least a year in, I think it would be Easter by the time you were terminated.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
Getting fired right before thanksgiving. That'll be awesome.
You're definitely not getting fired before Thanksgiving, if at all. I don't know your specifics, but if the very worst should happen, it would be well into the new year, simply because everything in govt. grinds to a halt over the holidays. If you want, you can PM me the things you are having specific troubles with and hopefully I can help. Otherwise, post them here and you'll have more people who hopefully help, not hinder the problem. All the best.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
So another helpful piece of info...

I contacted one of my regional HR reps and she informed me my name would NOT cross her desk unless I was being reassigned within the region. She instead gave me the number of a specific "NEST Coordinator" within my region. The way I understand it, this is the first person who will see you info after the decision comes down. As of 0700 PST, nothing has come down, BUT you can track this person down in your respective regions and hopefully get more info. Regards.