NEST

peterpumpkin

Newcomer
Mar 29, 2011
I chose sck. Lvl 4 and I don't have to move. Now they want me to go to initial tower training. What a waste. Anyone know if I will save pay? I came from the dod and saved it from there, but Sck goes from ag-cpc

Theseus

Rookie
Dec 19, 2015
From my understanding you can never go down in your pay. Say you were a d3 or d2 somewhere, you would go to bottom of the cpc payband at a lvl 4 and expect no to little raise once certified. I'm also in the NEST so I've been doing a lot of research. How is stockton as far as cost of living? I've been looking at all the lvl 4 and some lvl 5 twrs to see where might be the best choice. Also, how long did you get to choose once your list came out? ...just did some more reading, if you go lvl 4 then probably AG, bottom of payband. If you were to go lvl 5 or higher, then you would save pay.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
I chose sck. Lvl 4 and I don't have to move. Now they want me to go to initial tower training. What a waste. Anyone know if I will save pay? I came from the dod and saved it from there, but Sck goes from ag-cpc
As a DoD new hire, you would have saved pay. As a developmental who was unsuccessful in training at a previous facility and assigned to a facility with no developmental bands, you will be paid as an AG until you check out.

estup24

Dec 4, 2013
USA
From my understanding you can never go down in your pay. Say you were a d3 or d2 somewhere, you would go to bottom of the cpc payband at a lvl 4 and expect no to little raise once certified. I'm also in the NEST so I've been doing a lot of research. How is stockton as far as cost of living? I've been looking at all the lvl 4 and some lvl 5 twrs to see where might be the best choice. Also, how long did you get to choose once your list came out? ...just did some more reading, if you go lvl 4 then probably AG, bottom of payband. If you were to go lvl 5 or higher, then you would save pay.
false, I was a D3 at level 7 tower and went to AG at a level 4. You're not CPC so you can save pay in the level 4 CPC band.

Theseus

Rookie
Dec 19, 2015
Yeah, I read a little more into that. I think if you are a d3 at a higher level and go to anything above a lvl 4 you save pay.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
This is why if you don't definitively know the answer to the question being asked don't answer just for the sake of answering. When it comes to money and pay no one cares what you "think" only what you know.

Theseus

Rookie
Dec 19, 2015
When are you supposed to get to SCK? I havent gotten my list yet, and was hoping for some insight as to the area. Renting, family friendly area, where to avoid and so on.

grifter

Rookie
Jul 22, 2008
New York
Anyone know when is the NEST "done with you" so you can put in bids again? Also, is there any official guidance that says you can't put in for bids while in the NEST? I haven't seen any.

ATC123454321

Newcomer
Dec 23, 2015
Anyone know when is the NEST "done with you" so you can put in bids again? Also, is there any official guidance that says you can't put in for bids while in the NEST? I haven't seen any.
The only requirement for most bids is to have been a CPC. So as long as you were a CPC from a prior facility then there's no reason why you wouldn't qualify for the bid.

sonicapollo

Jun 4, 2009
Unless a sup or support bid, bids are going to be rare for facility transfers. Errs are the way now. My guess is that only facilities that nobody wants to go with/move money are what you will see. The new mou changed everything.

However, anyone can submit an err now.

foxtrotlimaalpha6

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2010
USA
Hey man clear your inbox it is full and I'm trying to message you about some ATC transcriptions you've helped me with..lost your email. email me or send me a message.

Sorry for the off topic guys but had to do it....

cali

Mar 29, 2015
Just got my list. Level 7 type 7 (stand alone tower). anyone else get a list from the 1/20 nest?
Can anyone shed some light on why people like this are finding out things from the NEST and some one like me who was on the 10/28 hasn't heard anything yet?