NEST

graham609

Rookie
Mar 11, 2013
KROW
If you're looking for a level 5 up/down that is willing to look at pretty much anyone, try Roswell, NM, ROW. Management has indicated that they''re willing to take pretty much anyone.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
So another helpful piece of info...

I contacted one of my regional HR reps and she informed me my name would NOT cross her desk unless I was being reassigned within the region. She instead gave me the number of a specific "NEST Coordinator" within my region. The way I understand it, this is the first person who will see you info after the decision comes down. As of 0700 PST, nothing has come down, BUT you can track this person down in your respective regions and hopefully get more info. Regards.
Considering the holiday I'm guessing we're now looking at next week now at the earliest.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Sounds like the NEST looked at 40 people this round. Only 3 were terminated and I know of one that got the letter this week.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
So if Stinger is right, the decisions should have made it to their respective regional HR offices by now. Though I don't know what the format of the letter is. Do they send you an email or paper copy to your tower? Is it from Terminal VP or just local HR? Where are you getting your numbers from, Stinger?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
So if Stinger is right, the decisions should have made it to their respective regional HR offices by now. Though I don't know what the format of the letter is. Do they send you an email or paper copy to your tower? Is it from Terminal VP or just local HR? Where are you getting your numbers from, Stinger?
1. no idea
2. no idea
3. Heard it from both the NATCA and management type people at my facility, we're in the same district as one of the people that was terminated.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
1. no idea
2. no idea
3. Heard it from both the NATCA and management type people at my facility, we're in the same district as one of the people that was terminated.
What region are you in? Do you know what day the person was notified?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
What region are you in? Do you know what day the person was notified?
Whatever region the Denver area is in...I think Rocky Mountain is the official name?
And I have no idea when the person was told.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
Have any of you been in touch with Andrew LeBovidge from NATCA? My facrep is in contact with this person and they were told the decisions are still sitting in the office of the Terminal VP awaiting final determination and dissemination. Apparently it was supposed to be done before Thanksgiving, but we all know how that goes...Anyway, I'm being told next week now, but take that with a grain of salt. I'm assuming that since the person who was let go received their letter much earlier, they may have sent all of those out in a separate release.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
I've been in contact with Andrew, he told me the same. The NEST has met and that everything has been passed along to the VP. All due respect to Stringer but to me anyway it seems odd that someone would be notified before the rest of the group. Granted things within the FAA rarely make sense, but I'm still filing with he said under "Things I read on the internet".

SoCal_ATCer

Jan 6, 2009
So Cal
NEST Panel Dates
December 17-18, 2013
January 29-30, 2014
February 26-27, 2014
April 16-17, 2014

Per a recent district Telcon it was stated it normally takes about 2 weeks to receive any info back from the NEST.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
NEST Panel Dates
December 17-18, 2013
January 29-30, 2014
February 26-27, 2014
April 16-17, 2014

Per a recent district Telcon it was stated it normally takes about 2 weeks to receive any info back from the NEST.
Thanks for the input SoCal, it has already been 3 weeks and with the holidays and budget issues looming yet again, people need to be placed prior to Christmas or we will be waiting even longer. I'm at 4 months just sitting around already...

estup24

Dec 4, 2013
USA
I'm going through the process now, my ATM submitted the info last week or so and hopefully I'll be on the December NEST and find out soon....The uncertainty and waiting suck..