NEST

estup24

Dec 4, 2013
USA
See that's the thing with rumors. They may be "desperate for trainees" but they are overstaffed. Good luck man. I hope this process gets straightened out so that people don't have to go through the hard process of washing out and have to be subject to this waiting and guessing.
what level facility are you at now??

harv

Jun 15, 2008
See that's the thing with rumors. They may be "desperate for trainees" but they are overstaffed. Good luck man. I hope this process gets straightened out so that people don't have to go through the hard process of washing out and have to be subject to this waiting and guessing.
If he spoke to the facility manager, and the facility manager told him the are "desperate for trainees", then they probably are. That would make it not a rumor. It's the managers job to know what his facility needs. However, the folks at the region/Service area may think they are overstaffed.

Ryan09

Rookie
Feb 9, 2009
Long Island, NY
If he spoke to the facility manager, and the facility manager told him the are "desperate for trainees", then they probably are. That would make it not a rumor. It's the managers job to know what his facility needs. However, the folks at the region/Service area may think they are overstaffed.
Agreed. However I contacted the facility NATCA rep not the manager, which depending how you look at it is more reliable. My only concern is how much that matters...like someone mentioned before, despite my wishes to stay close to home the FAA may feel there's a facility that is in greater need of trainees than ISP.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
Yeah, there are definitely decisions going on behind the scenes we don't know about. I'll be honest, I don't understand the thought process either. I requested ALO...yes...WATERLOO, IA (Level 5 u/d) and was denied. Supposedly. Still no official documentation, just the word of my ATM that the NEST voted against me. The strange part is that ALO requested me for a position and I still couldn't get it.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
That is pretty much the deal estup24. They can completely ignore it, too. Your manager also gives an opinion as to whether or not you can make it at another facility and what type. The amount of weight given to your manager's recommendation is still unknown. This system is in it's infancy and unfortunately we are the test... I hate to say it but, Dummies. We are not the only one's either. This thread has gotten almost 8000 views.
I would say the ATMs recommendation still carries alot of weight, considering the number of positive recommendations I received and still the negative response. The only document I didn't see from my NEST package was the one from my ATM. The rest were all positive. Why else would I be denied Iowa in the middle of winter? Haha! I wish some of those 8,000+ views would weigh-in on the conversation with any relevant info they have.

KDskylark

Dec 7, 2008
LA
The only absolute that we have right now is that there are no absolutes. A fully certified CPC from my tower has been trying to ERR to ISP for the longest and has been told multiple times probably by some of the same people that they are over satffed.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
I would say the ATMs recommendation still carries alot of weight, considering the number of positive recommendations I received and still the negative response. The only document I didn't see from my NEST package was the one from my ATM. The rest were all positive. Why else would I be denied Iowa in the middle of winter? Haha! I wish some of those 8,000+ views would weigh-in on the conversation with any relevant info they have.
Everyone who comments is (hopefully) doing so with information that they believe to be entirely accurate. A couple of months ago I tried to ERR to HTS. It looked like it was going to go through until they turned around and told me they were overstaffed. If you go back 2 pages someone mentions that the NEST offered them HTS. Everyone knows everything, but noone really knows anything.

Reactions: KDskylark

Ryan09

Rookie
Feb 9, 2009
Long Island, NY
Where does it say that u can't work positions u have been certified on?
I don't where it says that exactly but that is true. I am no longer part of the area where I was certified on several sectors, technically I now "belong" to the training department. Pay stays the same and I still get CIP.

C

charliezuluatc

It's a past practice. They don't want you trying to sabotage the operation. They don't want you to try and cause an operational error or deviation. It should be in the training order or hrpm.

estup24

Dec 4, 2013
USA
I wonder when they'll make their decisions....hopefully it'll be before the New Year ::crossing fingers::

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
At this point I'd say most people involved in making and/or delivering the decision, are on leave until after the new year.

RogerWILCO

Rookie
Jan 6, 2011
Averaging ~1000 views per week, a little over...look Cirrus, we're popular! Seems there are alot of people out there with similar concerns and just as few answers.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
They're in it for the drama. Waiting to see who will or wont get eliminated this week. This is as close as we'll get to an ATC reality TV show.

PhillyManlove

Dec 18, 2013
Philly
Meanwhile.... the management video that your managers are watching prior to delivering the news.

[video=youtube;PqQ62B8xdJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqQ62B8xdJc[/video]

GIANTS10

Newcomer
Jan 16, 2013
California
You guys think having a NEST is better than article 61 in the red book? Do you think it increases the odds of us training failures to be retained?