New Announcement This Month

Chrislds

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
Can't gripe too much because I was able to squeeze through on the Feb OTS bid but I would have liked to have made it on this next one. I have the 52 weeks with a CTO but will have to start at the bottom of the barrel in regards to pay. Oh well...I'll remain positive!

dtrain32289

Rookie
Dec 31, 2013
Georgia
Can't gripe too much because I was able to squeeze through on the Feb OTS bid but I would have liked to have made it on this next one. I have the 52 weeks with a CTO but will have to start at the bottom of the barrel in regards to pay. Oh well...I'll remain positive!
iF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING, WHATS THE DIFFERENCE OF PAY BETWEEN VRA/CTO AND OTS BIDS STARTING OUT?

Chrislds

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
Well you can't quote me the exact number but starting pay in the past was around 37k for the CTO bid.

reneepv

Newcomer
Dec 11, 2013
Hi, saw the new announcement on USA Jobs this morning. Can a retired FAA ATCS still under the age of 56 re-apply?

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Has anyone managed to get any gouge on how facility assignments will be made off this announcement?

AF_ATC

Trusted Member
Nov 20, 2009
Heard 7,000 applicants to this bid in the first week. Seems really high as it was an experienced ATC only bid but maybe there were quite a few people who mistook it for the OTS bid and applied anyway.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
I guarantee there are plenty of unqualified (and by that I mean literally never controlled anything) of applicants. That said, between mostly former military and DoD types there's probably a lot of people out there that are qualified and did apply.

AF_ATC

Trusted Member
Nov 20, 2009
To pair with that, I know the plan was to hire all qualified experienced ATC, however I don't know how that correlates with the huge amount of applicants. Again, I can only imagine there are an excessive amount of unqualified people who applied without reading the bid.

GulfCharlie

Epic Member
Sep 1, 2011
To pair with that, I know the plan was to hire all qualified experienced ATC, however I don't know how that correlates with the huge amount of applicants. Again, I can only imagine there are an excessive amount of unqualified people who applied without reading the bid.

Pm me.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I guarantee there are plenty of unqualified (and by that I mean literally never controlled anything) of applicants. That said, between mostly former military and DoD types there's probably a lot of people out there that are qualified and did apply.
Guess were screwed yet again.