new contract?

rojostyle

Newcomer
Jan 11, 2009
Well, because I know several people that left HIGHER PAYING JOBS with an expectation to make $105K a year(ZAB's old CPC wage) after they checked out (A pay raise for them over what they where earning). That expectation was not some number they made up, IT WAS THE OLD PAY SCALE. In the middle the FAA changed the pay scale and several of them are making $75K a year( ZAB's new and improved CPC wage), which is LESS than they where making before the FAA. Sorry my friend that is BS. They where hired and EXPECTING the old pay scale and got screwed by $30K a year for no reason.

Now for the new guy that filled in paperwork AFTER sept '06 and knew exactly what they new pay scale is. How do they have an argument that they did not know or deserves more AFTER they accept appointment and knows the wages?

That could have been only a difference of only one year yes, but a HUGE difference is what is fair. As one poster simply put I should have said, people that hired after the nontract and knew the current wages.
These new people that are getting the C scale pay that are happy with it are OTS. I'd be thrilled to see that kind of money with zero education and no students loans too. All the meanwhile they weren't spending money while the rest of us were in college. They were actually making money...

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
they dont truly know what type of job they have gotten themselves into yet... give em' a year or two and they will be complaining about money.

Reactions: zoz02

bearwaller

Newcomer
Jan 29, 2009
Norco, CA
You can complain about fairness all you want. But sometimes its just the luck of the dice. When I joined the military and got no bonus $ and others who joined a few months later for less time as well recieved $15k+ in bonuses. You just have to suck it up. I think the pay will most likely be going up in a couple years anyways. I'm just glad for stability in a non stable economy for now.

ATCBOY

Trusted Member
Jun 16, 2008
Screwston
You can complain about fairness all you want. But sometimes its just the luck of the dice. When I joined the military and got no bonus $ and others who joined a few months later for less time as well recieved $15k+ in bonuses. You just have to suck it up. I think the pay will most likely be going up in a couple years anyways. I'm just glad for stability in a non stable economy for now.
"OWNED":lol:

Pants81

Trusted Member
Jun 16, 2008
Indiana
being a controller is not stable.....my buddy failed out of zid during the non radar training. I know another from cleaveland that failed out of training as well...i guess if your good then your in a stable career.

noid

Curtis E. Carr
Jun 24, 2008
In a van down by the river.
being a controller is not stable.....my buddy failed out of zid during the non radar training. I know another from cleaveland that failed out of training as well...i guess if your good then your in a stable career.
That's just it though, your "buddies" weren't controllers. You can't consider something your career until you're certified in it. While in training, that's just it...you're training and anything can happen, which includes finding out you aren't cut out for this type of work.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
These new people that are getting the C scale pay that are happy with it are OTS. I'd be thrilled to see that kind of money with zero education and no students loans too. All the meanwhile they weren't spending money while the rest of us were in college. They were actually making money...
hey dumbass..I am OTS with a 4 year degree and plenty of student loans:gleam:

noid

Curtis E. Carr
Jun 24, 2008
In a van down by the river.
...but you, unlike the CTI's, went to college for something else, and it seems as though it didn't work out the way you intended. ATC appears to be your back-up plan.

They went to school and put themselves into debt for the HOPES of getting into ATC, with nothing being guaranteed.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
actually it has worked out fine...at the time when I went to college I didn't even consider ATC...over the years I became interested but was definetely not going to go back to school again..... and now have the opportunity to do it. There are other jobs that pay more if you are in it for the money.

DanielEtvs

Trusted Member
Jun 16, 2008
hank krakowskis
Well at least if I wash out I have something to fall back on
what you seem to have is a bad attitude. chill out youre not in competition with anyone else, you will sink or swim on your own merits. it does suck though that some people have massive debt when OTS are being hired like crazy. IMO. etc etc.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
I dont have a bad attitude toward anything except for the fact that some...and definetely not all...but some CTI and ex military people are looking down their noses at OTS folks for no good reason.