New ERR MOU

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
I have a feeling this will never go through. It's been on the verge for 6 months now. It would have already happened

Homsar

Rookie
Jun 23, 2014
At this point, I'd think it's likely to be pursued in the new contract negotiations as opposed to be pushed through now.

FyrtleMyrtle

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2011
So there is no new MOU. Still the old way of doing it? Nice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emarie913

Newcomer
Mar 4, 2013
Waiting to be signed.... That's what I heard also, but has anyone seen a copy of this thing yet? All this secrecy makes me nervous.

rocketappliance

Jun 4, 2015
It's been signed & NATCA and the FAA are currently developing an implementation/training plan.

I haven't heard the specifics of the MOU, how soon it'll be implemented, or how it'll effect those with current release dates though

rodanthe2

Rookie
Apr 15, 2014
I got an email from my rep today saying that if I didn't get an FOL before the MOU was signed then my TOL could be void. Anybody know if this is true?

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008
Sounds like the union is about to allow the agency to screw over people that have been picked up (TOLs), but don't have FOLs yet.

rodanthe2

Rookie
Apr 15, 2014
if that is the case then the union has officially taken this collaboration thing right on over to the dark side. Gonna be a lot of grievances

meanjoe

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2011
We've been hearing the same thing about the TOL's. I have one now and I'm 1 1/2 yrs out so I'm pretty much banking on having it taken away. They are shoving through fol's though. Normally you get them like 45 days or so out and I know of one guy who just got one 8 months out.

It would seem pretty harsh to take away all tol's without some kind of cut off.

rocketappliance

Jun 4, 2015
If it is just an ERR MOU would it impact people selected via an actual bid?
My understanding is it's a staffing/release policy MOU rather than just an ERR MOU (I'm guessing it addresses the ERR process as well). Since the actual MOU is still hasn't been released, who knows how it'll impact people selected via bids. Maybe best case scenario would be immediate implementation and keep current release dates/TOLs honored and start releasing those people sooner/in order per the MOU & employee agrees (timing with kids out for summer, etc)?...all speculation though.

I'm glad NATCA and the FAA signed the MOU but wish they would have decided an implementation timeline so they could release all the info at the same time.

Giveway

Rookie
Dec 4, 2015
YUP...... The ERR MOU is a done deal. I got screwed. Had I gone through the NEST weeks later, my list would have been a lot better... but NOPE. Not this guy. Had to go back to a LVL 7 after being certified in a LVL 12 tower, just didn't make it in the TRACON. Total BS and they weren't going to be retroactive.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
I got a TOL in June for a bid that closed in January, and due to the OPM shutdown, I had a security clearance upgrade that took forever to process. Two weeks ago, I got my FOL with a report date of January, 2017.

Individual employees may be pissed about how the MOU affects their immediate career goals, but NATCA's goal was to make it fairer for everyone. You get a TOL for an ERR to another facility, and suddenly the facility decides to promote X employees after you've received your TOL; now you have to wait another few months because your ERR isn't career progression as the FAA defines it. Or the local starts negotiating its basic watch schedule or leave slots, and is told that they can't have compressed work schedules or Y leave slots like last year specifically because they lost so many people to management without backfill or negotiating the impact. And then there's the issue of how to staff a facility with so many people who are eligible or mandatory to retire.

The FAA has hired behind attrition almost every year I've been in. Something had to give. I hope no one loses an offer over this, and honestly, since everyone's affected the same way by the MOU, it should be rare to lose one just because your release date is 24 months away.

cas52782

Jan 25, 2011
I got a TOL in June for a bid that closed in January, and due to the OPM shutdown, I had a security clearance upgrade that took forever to process. Two weeks ago, I got my FOL with a report date of January, 2017.

Individual employees may be pissed about how the MOU affects their immediate career goals, but NATCA's goal was to make it fairer for everyone. You get a TOL for an ERR to another facility, and suddenly the facility decides to promote X employees after you've received your TOL; now you have to wait another few months because your ERR isn't career progression as the FAA defines it. Or the local starts negotiating its basic watch schedule or leave slots, and is told that they can't have compressed work schedules or Y leave slots like last year specifically because they lost so many people to management without backfill or negotiating the impact. And then there's the issue of how to staff a facility with so many people who are eligible or mandatory to retire.

The FAA has hired behind attrition almost every year I've been in. Something had to give. I hope no one loses an offer over this, and honestly, since everyone's affected the same way by the MOU, it should be rare to lose one just because your release date is 24 months away.
Did I miss the MOU being released (sick leave yesterday)?

BeaconSlash

Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2011
Makes me wonder the same thing... library.natca.net isn't showing anything new. I'm sure there will be a membership email blast when it actually comes out.

Giveway, low, do you have details we dont?

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
According to my ATM and facrep both, the MOU's been signed. It's not technically binding until implementation is briefed sometime this month or next, but HR's unlikely to give out too many new TOLs until it is briefed, so it might as well be.

The three tiers of releasability concept is still part of it. Above x% of agreed staffing numbers, released within 6 months; between x% and y%, held up to 24 months; below y%, nobody leaves until CPCs are above y%.