New ERR VS. Swap Request

atc198

Newcomer
Feb 22, 2015
Does anyone know under the new ERR process if you are still able to swap a facility with someone else? If so, can you provide me the doucumentation that proves this.

rocketappliance

Jun 4, 2015
Yes, you can still do facility swaps...release dates are subject to the staffing requirements though.

From the Q+A:

Q4. Are controller requests for mutual reassignment (mutual swaps) subject to the newNational Release Policy?
A4. Yes. Release dates will be subject to the qualifying category (MOU Section1. 13. A.) for the facility of each employee. If an employee from a Category 1 or 2facility is seeking a swap with an employee in a facility that does not meet eitherof the Category 1 or 2 criteria, approval will only be in accordance with theprovisions of Section 1. 13. C (Office of the COO).

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
It was in the MOU email they sent-I don;t have it, but yes, you can still swap, however both facilities have to be cat 1 or 2.

Bogier6

Jul 9, 2010
I will go one step further quote an NCEPT rep:

"Yes, swaps between a Cat 1 and Cat 2 facility can be approved, and the release/report dates do not have to be concurrent. A swap involving a person at a facility that is neither Cat 1 nor 2 will likely not be approved."

ATCJoe85

Rookie
Jan 14, 2012
Sacramento
Got an interested party for a swap. We both fall into proper categories for release. How will the release be handled? Whor do I submit paperwork to? Does NCEPT handle it, or management?

ControlFrq

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2016
Does anyone want to swap to Charlotte Tower/TRACON (lvl12). I am looking to stay on the east coast -- inbox me

Jaxon

Newcomer
May 3, 2014
Do you have to be checked out at your facility for 1 year before being able to swap out?