New Info On Next Hiring Bid

ATCWAI

Jan 21, 2015
One year and four months ago, I applied for the position. Now I'm just sitting here sippin' on tea waitin' for the call.

*yawn*

duris814

Rookie
Aug 8, 2015
I think the new bill requires VRA applicants to be within 120 days of separation (if I'm interpreting the wording correctly):

“(II) are eligible for a veterans recruitment appointment pursuant to section 4214 of title 38 and provide a Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty within 120 days of the announcement closing;
This is only if you are to claim vet pref, its not clear just for an applicant who is not claiming vet pref and still on active duty. I EAS in may and go on terminal at the latest in March, possibly earlier, so hopefully its designated on the bid who would be allowed to apply.

AviatorATC

Oct 12, 2011
TX
According to a recent FAA/CTI teleconference. There will be a combined CTI/VRA - OTS bid opening in mid-August. Pool #1 will be the CTI/VRA who will not have to take the Bio-Q and pool #2 will consist of OTS applicants who meet the minimum application requirements who WILL have to take the Bio-Q. Im sure we will hear more soon.

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
I know for VRA positions, vet preference doesn't come into play, if this is a combined VRA/OTS will vet preferable factor in? Curious as I'm a 10 point vet with prior experience.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Rumor I hear is that for a non prior experience bid (not sure when they will have another one) there will be two options. #1 VRA/CTI and #2 OTS. You will be able to apply to one but not both. Not sure how veteran preference will come into play with the ASAP (or whatever the new test is called)

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
Notes from July 29th, 2016 CTI/FAA Conference Call:

*ATCS Vacancy Opening TBD on USAJobs site, they are estimating Mid-August
*Vacancy will be open for 7-10 days
*Applicants can elect to be in one of two pools, but not both
-Pool 1: Veterans and CTI Graduates
-Pool 2: General Applicants
*Must be under the age of 31, at the close date of the Vacancy Announcement, and can turn 31 anytime after that date.
*Both Pools will need either 3 years Progressive Full Time (40hrs/week) Work Experience, or a 4 Year Degree (2 year schools will need to have an additional 1 year of Progressive Full Time (40hrs/week) Work Experience to qualify)
*Pool 1 will NOT have to take a Biographical Questionnaire; Pool 2 will have to pass the BQ to continue.
*Upon a manual check of qualifications after application is received, the applicant will be informed where and when to take the ATSA Exam
-ATSA Exam replaces the ATSAT and will be given from Testing Centers from around the US, passing score has not yet been determined. The exam is very similar to the old ATSAT Exam.
*The FAA will be required, with up to a 10% variance, take 50% from Pool 1 and 50% from Pool 2 when selecting candidates for hire.
-FAA for Fiscal Year 2017 will hire 1452 applicants (Pool 1 Veterans with previous ATC experience will not be counted towards that number).
*Applicants in Pool 1 will be required to submit during application, proof of completion of an Approved FAA AT-CTI Program. Applicants must reach out to the institutions for these Documents.
-Documents need to Confirm their status:
-Copy of their Transcript or Copy of the Diploma
-AND a Letter of Recommendation from your Approved CTI School, recommending the applicant to the FAA.
*Applicants that fail to provide documents, will be moved to Pool 2 and required to take the BQ.
*Lists will not be kept and Applicants must reapply with every Announcement Vacancy if they were not selected.
*Former FAA Hires (who had taken the o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdgirl

Rookie
Jun 26, 2014
What was the rest of the bottom bullet saying? It got cut off.... *Former FAA Hires ( who had taken the o.........??

trdeakin

Rookie
Apr 5, 2014
So here's a question. Some of us by now have transitioned out of the military since last bid, and we were turned down because we were in. So for those who still are in but have less than 120 days will they be boned again?

"Remember Pool 1 is for Veterans and AT-CTI GRADUATES, current CTI students will not be able to apply to this pool until they have Graduated"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MariahB4

Newcomer
Jan 3, 2012
**-ATSA Exam replaces the ATSAT and will be given from Testing Centers from around the US, passing score has not yet been determined. The exam is very similar to the old ATSAT Exam.**

So even though they changed the hiring processing again. My WQ ATSAT I took right before they changed the hiring process still doesn't count because they changed the name?

bigevan

Rookie
Apr 25, 2016
Wait so do veterans with prior experience have to retake the ATSAT? Or can we show our score from the time we already took it??

**-ATSA Exam replaces the ATSAT and will be given from Testing Centers from around the US, passing score has not yet been determined. The exam is very similar to the old ATSAT Exam.**

So even though they changed the hiring processing again. My WQ ATSAT I took right before they changed the hiring process still doesn't count because they changed the name?

N77022

Newcomer
May 4, 2013
Climbing Via

This has me very flustered as well. I took the AT-SAT and scored a 100 May 2013. I was told it was to be valid for 3 years, or roughly 6 bi-yearly bids.

AdamTheAviator

Newcomer
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
So does anybody know the percentage of people that apply versus the out that get hired? If there is such a supposed ATC shortage coming, wouldn't there be an abundance of jobs? It's pretty discouraging to see so many people that have been turned down in the past and so many people that say it's like winning the lottery just to get selected.