New Release Policy

bradjackman

Trusted Member
May 7, 2009
Boise
Soooo... It's been a month, and I keep hearing a million different rumors about how bids and ERRs and transfers and staffing numbers and selections etc. are all changing. Anyone have any solid info on what's really going down? Or when we can expect to get details?

wxdude

Jun 5, 2015
Soooo... It's been a month, and I keep hearing a million different rumors about how bids and ERRs and transfers and staffing numbers and selections etc. are all changing. Anyone have any solid info on what's really going down? Or when we can expect to get details?
Talk to your rep.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008
So basically the FAA is trying to prevent smaller facilities from stockpiling controllers, especially ones that have been picked up at other facilities, so that they can hopefully implement appropriate staffing levels, at places like A80, C90, and N90, instead of spending millions in overtime each year while completing disregarding that roughly 20-30% of transfers are actually successful at these places?!? With the current NEST procedures in effect, there is NO WAY I would ever leave a facility for one the three mentioned above! You could leave somewhere like Charleston, be unsuccessful in training, and your best choice facility could be Bangor! No thank you... For the people at these larger places, you can completely accept the fact now that you are never leaving...

duranme

Senior Analyst
Nov 3, 2009
BUR
Did you not see the part where it said

"I have not seen or heard how this effects bids."

rocketappliance

Jun 4, 2015
Has there been any info on how the new policy will affect release dates for CPCs that currently have a 1.5+ year wait if staffing permits an earlier release per the MOU?...or would the policy start after the current "last release date" for a facility?

duranme

Senior Analyst
Nov 3, 2009
BUR
Has there been any info on how the new policy will affect release dates for CPCs that currently have a 1.5+ year wait if staffing permits an earlier release per the MOU?...or would the policy start after the current "last release date" for a facility?
It shouldn't affect those with release dates currently... but I have not seen the final mou or heard how it will be implemented

wxdude

Jun 5, 2015
Again you should be talking to your rep, they will have the most up to date and accurate information.

About a month ago there was an email put out by my RVP talking about not feeding any more rumors on stucmic. Again you need to be talking to your rep, not anyone here on this matter at the moment.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

markz

Rookie
May 24, 2014
Why anyone would be on here feeding information to non-dues paying BUM's is beyond me.

bradjackman

Trusted Member
May 7, 2009
Boise
Why anyone would be on here feeding information to non-dues paying BUM's is beyond me.
I pay my dues man, my FacRep just doesn't have any info, and what info I have gotten is different than what's on here, which is why I asked. Thanks for keeping it classy man.