New Tower Grading Format

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
The Academy will be switching to a new grading format starting July 11th whereby grading will be done in the same format as enroute has been for a while, i.e. a point-based system. The new system is supposed to be pretty tough apparently. The FAA had 3 'test' classes go through to test the new grading system, they had "golden tickets" and all passed since they were guinea pigs for the new system. However, I may and or may not have heard and or not heard that had the grading counted, the last test class to "PV" would have lost 7 out of 18 people. This is pretty substantial as it is uncommon for a tower class to lose more than 5 people. The new format is supposed to be pretty tough and the fail rate will be more in-line with the new-and-improved enroute wringer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but to all who just passed the BQ: good luck and Godspeed.

C

charliezuluatc

So much for those rumors of the academy becoming easier!

GulfCharlie

Epic Member
Sep 1, 2011
However, I may and or may not have heard and or not heard that had the grading counted, the last test class to "PV" would have lost 7 out of 18 people. This is pretty substantial as it is uncommon for a tower class to lose more than 5 people.

Having seen the recent classes go through, half of the people in Tower should have failed.

AlphaKilo

Feb 1, 2009
Here and there
I hope everyone who gets hired is awesome, does great at the academy, and goes on to become stellar controllers.

However, if you suck I hope you wash at the academy instead of wasting people's time in the field.