New York Center - ZNY

JNev

Sep 17, 2012
Baltimore/Philly
Wait so what is this “PIT”? Just curious. I’ve heard from trainees here that have friends at ZNY arhat they’re certifying AG’s on TMU and giving them D1 or D2 pay before they even get their D-Sides!?! Seems like chaos to me.
Ahhhhh, the PIT of Misery! Dilly Dilly!

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Wait so what is this “PIT”? Just curious. I’ve heard from trainees here that have friends at ZNY arhat they’re certifying AG’s on TMU and giving them D1 or D2 pay before they even get their D-Sides!?! Seems like chaos to me.
I'm sure they do more but when we have departures from uncontrolled airports going into center airspace we'll call the Pit before giving them a clearance to make sure the route is good.

BGaviator13

Apr 10, 2015
Gotchya, so kinda like a TMU function. That must be why I’m hearing they do TMU
The “pit” is a position in TMU that they’re using AGs to staff now. Since it’s going to be awhile before they start stage three, they keep them busy and bump them to D2. They review routes for nearly every departure leaving ZNY airspace (JFK, LGA, EWR, TEB, ISP, FRG, HPN, PHL, SWF, and all the satellites) and make necessary revisions based on weather, TMI’s, or other factors.

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
The “pit” is a position in TMU that they’re using AGs to staff now. Since it’s going to be awhile before they start stage three, they keep them busy and bump them to D2. They review routes for nearly every departure leaving ZNY airspace (JFK, LGA, EWR, TEB, ISP, FRG, HPN, PHL, SWF, and all the satellites) and make necessary revisions based on weather, TMI’s, or other factors.
They are notorious for screwing up routes that go out of N90's EWR area satellites straight into ZBW airspace. Apparently since those aircraft are not going into ZNY airspace, they give two shits about the route being correct. This has been an ongoing issue since the '80's.

BGaviator13

Apr 10, 2015
They are notorious for screwing up routes that go out of N90's EWR area satellites straight into ZBW airspace. Apparently since those aircraft are not going into ZNY airspace, they give two shits about the route being correct. This has been an ongoing issue since the '80's.
Which ones in particular and what routes?

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
Which ones in particular and what routes?
TEB BREZY routes, specially those that go at medium altitudes over SOARS, BAYYS, and MERIT after CMK tend to be the ones that slip by more often than the others, but I've seen MMU and to a lesser extent CDW's too.