New York Center - ZNY

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Yeah, I hear you there. Absolutely true! Here at ZSE it's pretty much like that, too. We actually just got a kid from ZNY. He memorized the maps in like literally 2 days. He said 'should have seen ours back at New York!'
thats how I felt when my buddy sent me a pic of Denver tracons map. I was like where's the rest of it?

zob

Newcomer
Mar 24, 2011
Amherst, Ohio
This thread was started over 9 years ago. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but am wondering what's the best housing situation for a new developmental not native to the area? Already looking at Craigslist and all the "basement" apartments. Thanks in advance for any and all help! Developmental reporting within the next two weeks.....Love spacing for TEB, MMU, JFK, EWR, LGA.....did I forget anyone?!? Haha, just kidding, you guys rock!
Just west of 132.92, 134.12, 119.72, and 125.87
Cheers mates!

typhoon5150

Oct 8, 2012
This thread was started over 9 years ago. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but am wondering what's the best housing situation for a new developmental not native to the area? Already looking at Craigslist and all the "basement" apartments. Thanks in advance for any and all help! Developmental reporting within the next two weeks.....Love spacing for TEB, MMU, JFK, EWR, LGA.....did I forget anyone?!? Haha, just kidding, you guys rock!
Just west of 132.92, 134.12, 119.72, and 125.87
Cheers mates!

you're in for a culture shock

a lot of studios are ~1600, best situation is a roomate in a two bedroom around 1800

Isenthalpic

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2015
you're in for a culture shock

a lot of studios are ~1600, best situation is a roomate in a two bedroom around 1800
I don't think Long Island is that expensive. If you go to NYC proper, then yeah, prices will be outrageous.

Last edited:

NYATC80

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2016
Anyone coming to ZNY (April-May) I have a nice 1bedroom Apartment 20min from ZNY in a nice area. Will make certain acceptions for Acad grads

PM me for more info.

Thanks

Bob Loblaw

Nov 2, 2013
Say what you want about NY housing prices, it beats paying to live in a plywood box inside a San Francisco living room.

Justin_Matton

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2015
Anyone coming to ZNY (May-June) I have a nice 1bedroom Apartment 20min from ZNY in a nice area. Will make certain acceptions for Acad grads

PM me for more info.

Thanks
You're inbox is full. Gmail.com and I'm coming from Massachusetts

zob

Newcomer
Mar 24, 2011
Amherst, Ohio
Son looking for possible roommate to share 2-BR 2-bath apartment at Broadway Knolls in Holbrook (2.5 miles from ZNY).

Broadway Knolls Apartments: Photos, Floorplans, Availability and Pricing. Address: 2200 Dolphin Lane, Holbrook, NY. Luxury Gables Apartments for Rent.

You would get Master bed/bath for approximately $1,350 plus half utilities. If he changes from his 1-BR before 4/23 he won't incur another $500 fee associated with all new leases. If you're reporting after that date, he may still be willing to make the move, as he'll recoup the cost in one month. Gender is not an issue as long as both parties can agree upon some common sense house rules. Costco is 2.5 miles away. Big Lots and a local grocery chain store are within walking distance. Photos on website do not lie. A studio we looked at, complete with Section 8 neighbors and squeaky floors goes for $1,440 when available.

My son is not on this forum, so PM me contact info and I'll pass it along to him.

HenryTheAce

Jul 21, 2014
ZMP -> D21
A siding like front load? Learning maps loa etc
Yeah just studying and monitoring of the floor. Sucks because you don't get D-1 pay until your first two D-Side Certifications, and you have to pass D-School before you start training on the floor for your D-Sides. He got to ZNY 1 month before I got to the academy and I'm already way ahead of him, will have my first two D-Sides in a few weeks if everything goes good on the check ride.

Echo Mike

Epic Member
Apr 2, 2015
Tennessee
Yeah just studying and monitoring of the floor. Sucks because you don't get D-1 pay until your first two D-Side Certifications, and you have to pass D-School before you start training on the floor for your D-Sides. He got to ZNY 1 month before I got to the academy and I'm already way ahead of him, will have my first two D-Sides in a few weeks if everything goes good on the check ride.
Dang that's crazy luckily for me I will save pay wherever I go

NYATC80

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2016
How long you wait to train really depends on the area you go to.

1yr before going to D school seems about right if you're looking for a estimate.

HenryTheAce

Jul 21, 2014
ZMP -> D21
How long you wait to train really depends on the area you go to.

1yr before going to D school seems about right if you're looking for a estimate.
Thats crazy how different every centers training is. Here at ZMP it was 4.5 months to D-School from the moment I walked in the door. Although ZMP's pass rate is 54% and ZNY is 55%. My buddy there at ZNY got area D.