New York TRACON - N90

atcBOB

Rookie
Dec 26, 2008
I got a TOL to go to N90 and like everyone else heard that things are pretty grim there. I even talked to someone who interned there over the summer and he told me a lot of people there do not like it and have to work 6 days a week... How are your experiences so far and hows your training moving along... think you'll be able to reach CPC in 3 years or its gonna be more like 5?

BoRn2CoNtRoL

Apr 29, 2009
Virginia Beach via Jersey
i just talked to some people today when i did my mmpi and they were saying its not that bad there depending on the sector u go to he said islip and liberty u could get done qfairly quick but not ewr or lga sector

whynot

Rookie
Aug 23, 2008
I just hope they let you check out.... lol, maybe you will since they are being investigated now. It's the jungle... it is difficult no doubt but doable, but you have a lot of kindergardners with elementary menality that will make it more difficult than necessary. Ignore them and do your thing. Good luck.

AirborneJFO

Aug 9, 2009
Westbury, NY
Anyone know any information about the NYICC?(New York Integrated Control Complex)

It is a facility that is supposedly supposed to combine N90 and ZNY.

I would like to know where the proposed location(s)/timeline would be...if anyone has any "open source" info on it.

...Calverton would be nice.

ROMA

Sep 24, 2008
Queens, NY
i just googled it and it gave a link for the FAA with a brief summary and the link for the full report... since i dont enjoy reading reports, i read the second summary then saw the date of the report labled as 2004... i doubt this project ever went furthur than experiments and the reports... otherwise it would have probably talked about more on here....... just speculation though

NYcGaNgStEr

May 12, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Something's Got To Give

LOL...do any of these people still work there? Though I am taking into consideration, the reporter's skewed grasp of this.
Thats funny because I've read this a long time ago .. I didn't quite remember it so much and I just stumbled upon this again a few weeks ago and read it again .. This is what inspired the movie "Pushing Tin"! It would be interesting if some of these guys stuck around through all the bullshit and to pick their experienced brains apart lol... I myself would love to head out there and work but I find myself being more of a "Tower Guy" (JFK, LGA, EWR, TEB) anything in NYC I could get my hands on, I'm not shy .... Anyone know if they are in need of controllers at any of these places???

ROMA

Sep 24, 2008
Queens, NY
it does have the standard Nic Cage scene though.... "Smoke 'em! Shoot 'em,
nab 'em, grab 'em! Shake 'em, bake 'em,cook 'em! Broil 'em,
kick 'em! Twist 'em! All gone! Bye-bye!"