New York TRACON - N90

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
People should really push for the facility to be moved off LI. I get the politics with the high paying jobs but they should fight it. It’s kinda ridiculous that they let the busiest airspace in the country get this understaffed.
1. It's good enough to get the job done, for now.
2. If some or all of your already-understaffed facility doesn't want to move, then your staffing problem just got worse.
3. If you give everybody at N90 enough money to feel good about moving, you still need to pay for a new facility to be built.
4. That new facility will be cost-prohibitive if it's anywhere on Long Island, let alone in the same congressional district it is today.

We'll be dealing with this problem until N90's roof collapses and they're working airplanes out of doublewides in the parking lot.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
1. It's good enough to get the job done, for now.
2. If some or all of your already-understaffed facility doesn't want to move, then your staffing problem just got worse.
3. If you give everybody at N90 enough money to feel good about moving, you still need to pay for a new facility to be built.
4. That new facility will be cost-prohibitive if it's anywhere on Long Island, let alone in the same congressional district it is today.

We'll be dealing with this problem until N90's roof collapses and they're working airplanes out of doublewides in the parking lot.
they just tried to build us a new building on the current land, right next to our current building but I guess they couldn't get permit approval. They were all set to start construction this year. The old building was just going to be offices. And the roof is closer to collapse than you'd probably think lol actually even worse is the ops floor, it's gone through so many modifications over the years that they've pretty much said if you make any more holes it'll fall.

@DeltaHotel

Newcomer
Apr 27, 2018
I got a class date of Sep 7 through Dec 31. I am in the nation guard and just commissioned last month. I have my BOLC scheduled for January 6th and it's about 3-4 months long. What do I do? Should I bump my BOLC date until later or keep it and use that time to study ahead and complete my BOLC? Without BOLC I get no credit for work I do and ineligible to be promoted.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
If anyone coming here is interested, my wife is a realtor and does rentals as well. Can help make it easier to find a place on this island. PM me if you're interested.

HawaiiPilot1991

Aug 28, 2017
Hawaii
I got a class date of Sep 7 through Dec 31. I am in the nation guard and just commissioned last month. I have my BOLC scheduled for January 6th and it's about 3-4 months long. What do I do? Should I bump my BOLC date until later or keep it and use that time to study ahead and complete my BOLC? Without BOLC I get no credit for work I do and ineligible to be promoted.

I am in the Air National Guard. I was able to hold my place with the FAA until my Military obligations were over.

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
1. its going to happen they dug their own grave. I wish I remember the big black guys name from queens he watched his brother get murdered decided he should enlist became an airforce controller in Iraq. He would have checked out only he didn't want in the end I think everyone remembers his famous last words I'd rather take a bullet in iraq then work here
2. The union and faa dug their own grave but you can see the dereliction or abdication of responsibility no one wants to take blame you weren't getting 100 airforce controllers to replace the work force and rather than work with what they had it was 4 weeks lets shove you guys out to somewhere else.
3. Why would anyone come back after theyve built a life somewhere else making 100k where it goes alot farther. In an economy with a recession is one thing in an economy like this is another
4. islip already has a double count it isn't a level 12 area we all know thats a lie but on the flip side newark is without a doubt the hardest sector in atc to work id argue the world those guys are special
I couldn't make much sense out of #1 and #2, but #4 is spot on!

@DeltaHotel

Newcomer
Apr 27, 2018
I guess my main question is if I can/should have this break between finishing the school house and going to N90? I also haven't found anyone else with my class date is that strange?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I tried applying for N90 on USAJobs because it's still up on the site, but it said I'm not qualified because it's only open internally.
That's because it says only current FAA employees are eligible as well as needing to have been facility rated at an ATO terminal/enroute facility.

tufano89

Rookie
Mar 22, 2015
What are the chances of ots becoming Cpc at n90 any updated information will be appreciated.
thanks