Next Job Announcement

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
For everyone who got denied this past October panel, and totally hate everyone whining about not immediately getting there TOL so they can hurry up and wait(kidding people, I'll admit I'm 1,000% percent jealous), I got word from an ATM the next announcement will be opening on January 3rd. I'm sure other are aware of this, but thought it might be good news for all of us eagerly awaiting the next panel which is supposedly slotted for March.
Best of luck and enjoy the new shiny FAA aviator.

AlphaRomeo

Trusted Member
Oct 12, 2009
Thanks for the info hopefully we that didnt get selected for interview will have better luck this go around!

EMUtoATC

Aug 19, 2010
Detroit
Thanks for the info hopefully we that didnt get selected for interview will have better luck this go around!
Any word on if it is a PUBNAT or just a CTI announcement? This OTS'er has his fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath lol.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Any word on if it is a PUBNAT or just a CTI announcement? This OTS'er has his fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath lol.
The source knew I was a CTI and just said the next announcement will be as stated above. She didn't mention OTS, because she probably figured I could care less. Best of luck.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
The source knew I was a CTI and just said the next announcement will be as stated above. She didn't mention OTS, because she probably figured I could care less. Best of luck.
I don't know why you'd care less. It would be stupid to NOT apply to an OTS announcement if one opens. You effectively double your chances of being selected if you choose different states.

I'd be very surprised if there is an OTS announcement in January though.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
I don't know why you'd care less. It would be stupid to NOT apply to an OTS announcement if one opens. You effectively double your chances of being selected if you choose different states.

I'd be very surprised if there is an OTS announcement in January though.
I suppose I should clarify. I missed the boat on all the pubnat hiring. Me not caring was directed towards if the people who have applied pubnat will have the ability to make a referral list for the march panels. I unfortunately have no shot, due to the fact I never even applied. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for looking out.

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
I was cti and also applied ots and was lucky enough to get picked up through ots. The last pubnat will be used again in the next panel. If another pubnat comes out they will have to take the at-sat before they can go to a selection panel anyway.

EMUtoATC

Aug 19, 2010
Detroit
I was cti and also applied ots and was lucky enough to get picked up through ots. The last pubnat will be used again in the next panel. If another pubnat comes out they will have to take the at-sat before they can go to a selection panel anyway.
Not unless you have taken the AT-SAT in the past 3 years. As far as I know your score just gets applied to the new announcement.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Not unless you have taken the AT-SAT in the past 3 years. As far as I know your score just gets applied to the new announcement.
Even so they go to the panels with everyone else from the same announcement. Having a score on file doesn't speed the process up.

So you still have to wait for the ATSAT, you just don't have to take it

EMUtoATC

Aug 19, 2010
Detroit
Even so they go to the panels with everyone else from the same announcement. Having a score on file doesn't speed the process up.

So you still have to wait for the ATSAT, you just don't have to take it
Correct. Maybe I just misunderstood the post. Here's to not having to take the AT-SAT again (at least for a while) :cheers:.

twrsup718

Rookie
Nov 13, 2010
New York
I spoke to someone in aviation careers back in Nov and she said she don't see another OTS announcement coming out no time soon ..... (just my 2 cents)

EMUtoATC

Aug 19, 2010
Detroit
I want it to be an OTS announcement just because of whiny people.
That's a good one! If it isn't an OTS announcement I'm sure the whining will continue though. Just throw us a bone to make us at least "think" we have another shot. I doubt it will be though..